• Interests:Software
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 14 May 2006 - 12:35 AM

Zenith Picture Gallery v0.9.2 DEV changelog and download instructions

v0.9.2 DEV adds a few new useful features to the script and fixes quite a number of bugs.

This is a pre-release version. Please post any problems you come across in the Zenith Picture Gallery support forum for immediate assistance.

v0.9.2 DEV Features and Changes
- Approve all/Leave all/Delete all and Check all/Uncheck all buttons in the Admin CP.
- If filename already exists, the gallery now renames the newly uploaded one instead of quitting with an error.
- Support for other media types such as videos.
- Admin can specify allowed file types for media file uploads.
- Support for right-to-left languages except within the Admin CP (admin can enable it via the page direction option in the Admin CP).
- More efficient use of common skin files. The gallery now looks for a skin image or stylesheet in the currently active skin's directory; if it doesn't find it, it looks in the default skin's directory, which means that the other skins' directories don't need to unnecessarily replicate the default skin's files.
- Thumbnails in Batch Delete now link to their respective full-size pictures.

Delayed until next release
- Slideshow
- Allow users to determine how to order pictures.
- Allow the admin to determine how to order categories.
- It might sometimes be the case that the watermark adds itself to existing images when it's turned on.

Bugs fixed
- "Required path not found..." message was shown in some installations when a function tried to access head.php or config.php
- Rejected pictures weren't removed from 'uploads'
- Optimized awfully redundent (sp?) code in admincp.php.
- Thumbnails and details were always left-aligned in album view regardless of the settings in the Admin CP.
- Closing parenthesis in search.php caused error on page load.
- Adding a category when one with the same name already exists caused its directory not to be created.
- When search button was clicked with no queries, the number of records returned included queued pictures.
- An extra picture was always displayed at the end of the table in Batch Delete.
- When the main page was set to show an album view, a category's count of its total pictures only counted all the pictures in its directory and those of its direct sub-directories instead of traversing all sub-directories down to the very last ones.
- Admin's email address wasn't saved in gallery's configuration file following installation.
- Rebuild thumbnails might have sometimes mistakenly shown 1 full-size pictures in the gallery when in fact there were none.

v0.9 DEV to v0.9.2 DEV Upgrade Instructions
==============================

1. Upload ALL the files EXCEPT config.php and installer.php

Sorry, but because the way the gallery interacts with skins was modified, all the .php and .js files had to be updaed. You don't need to replace your existing skins directory.

2. Run upgrade_tools/upgrader8.php from your browser to update your MySQL tables.

3. Log in to your Admin CP, scroll to the bottom and click on 'Update Settings'.

Congratulations, you should now be running v0.9.2 DEV!

Attached Files

Edited by usr.c, 07 November 2006 - 11:09 AM.

Things that I don't suck at: Photography (flickr, JPG Mag), Skydiving, Splitting atoms, Flying a space shuttle
"Don't bail; the best gold is at the bottom of barrels of crap!" -Randy Pausch
I have people-skills goddamnit! What is wrong with you people!!! | www.skyrill.com

#2 danicasati

danicasati

• +Zenith User
  • 59 posts

• Spain

Posted 11 September 2006 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE(usr.c @ May 14 2006, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
v0.9.2 DEV Features
- Approve all/Leave all/Delete all and Check all/Uncheck all buttons in the Admin CP.
- Better looking full-view window when an image is clicked.
- Allow users to determine how to order pictures
- Allow the admin to determine how to order categories

Possible features
- Slideshow
- More efficient use of common files between skins

Bugs
- I'm not too sure if this is a bug, but it might sometimes be the case that the watermark adds itself to existing images when it's turned on.
- Thumbnails and details were always left-aligned in album view regardless of the settings in the Admin CP
- Closing parenthesis in search.php caused error on load.

Files affected (so far)
add.php
search.php

When do you publish this upgrade?
Tha "parenthesys bug" in search.php affected some searches...

#3 usr.c

usr.c

Boss, my code's compiling (xkcd)

• Admins
  • 10,440 posts
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 16 October 2006 - 04:49 PM

I'm almost done with finishing all the things that have piled up over the past year and expect to start working on this release next week (this time for sure!)

There'll be some really cool features including support for video clips in v0.9.2 DEV. Until then...

Things that I don't suck at: Photography (flickr, JPG Mag), Skydiving, Splitting atoms, Flying a space shuttle
I have people-skills goddamnit! What is wrong with you people!!! | www.skyrill.com

#4 danicasati

danicasati

• +Zenith User
  • 59 posts

• Spain

Posted 16 October 2006 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE(usr.c @ Oct 16 2006, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm almost done with finishing all the things that have piled up over the past year and expect to start working on this release next week (this time for sure!)

There'll be some really cool features including support for video clips in v0.9.2 DEV. Until then...

Good news!
I'm waiting for 0.9.2 DEV release!

#5 usr.c

usr.c

• Admins
  • 10,440 posts
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 21 October 2006 - 08:51 PM

I'm sure it'll be worth your wait! I already started working on it; expect it to be released in two weeks at the most.

#6 usr.c

usr.c

• Admins
  • 10,440 posts
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 29 October 2006 - 04:36 PM

Few days to go until this version is released. It's turned into more of a 'minor changes' release, but that's good, because it'll mean that I can then focus on features instead of changes and bug fixes in v0.9.4 DEV.

Expect that to be released a few weeks later. original.gif

#7 mv07

mv07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

• Nothing Selected

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:31 PM

ill wait for this one then try to setup a gallery again maybe ill be able to login lol

#8 danicasati

danicasati

• +Zenith User
  • 59 posts

• Spain

Posted 06 November 2006 - 06:26 PM

Thank you for this new release.
I'll try it tomorrow morning.

Please, wait for user's feedback!!

#9 usr.c

usr.c

• Admins
  • 10,440 posts
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:17 PM

Thanks, I'll be waiting for it then!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users