v0.9.2 DEV adds a few new useful features to the script and fixes quite a number of bugs.
This is a pre-release version. Please post any problems you come across in the Zenith Picture Gallery support forum for immediate assistance.
v0.9.2 DEV Features and Changes
- Approve all/Leave all/Delete all and Check all/Uncheck all buttons in the Admin CP.
- If filename already exists, the gallery now renames the newly uploaded one instead of quitting with an error.
- Support for other media types such as videos.
- Admin can specify allowed file types for media file uploads.
- Support for right-to-left languages except within the Admin CP (admin can enable it via the page direction option in the Admin CP).
- More efficient use of common skin files. The gallery now looks for a skin image or stylesheet in the currently active skin's directory; if it doesn't find it, it looks in the default skin's directory, which means that the other skins' directories don't need to unnecessarily replicate the default skin's files.
- Thumbnails in Batch Delete now link to their respective full-size pictures.
Delayed until next release
- Allow users to determine how to order pictures.
- Allow the admin to determine how to order categories.
- It might sometimes be the case that the watermark adds itself to existing images when it's turned on.
- "Required path not found..." message was shown in some installations when a function tried to access head.php or config.php
- Rejected pictures weren't removed from 'uploads'
- Optimized awfully redundent (sp?) code in admincp.php.
- Thumbnails and details were always left-aligned in album view regardless of the settings in the Admin CP.
- Closing parenthesis in search.php caused error on page load.
- Adding a category when one with the same name already exists caused its directory not to be created.
- When search button was clicked with no queries, the number of records returned included queued pictures.
- An extra picture was always displayed at the end of the table in Batch Delete.
- When the main page was set to show an album view, a category's count of its total pictures only counted all the pictures in its directory and those of its direct sub-directories instead of traversing all sub-directories down to the very last ones.
- Admin's email address wasn't saved in gallery's configuration file following installation.
- Rebuild thumbnails might have sometimes mistakenly shown 1 full-size pictures in the gallery when in fact there were none.
v0.9 DEV to v0.9.2 DEV Upgrade Instructions
1. Upload ALL the files EXCEPT config.php and installer.php
Sorry, but because the way the gallery interacts with skins was modified, all the .php and .js files had to be updaed. You don't need to replace your existing skins directory.
2. Run upgrade_tools/upgrader8.php from your browser to update your MySQL tables.
3. Log in to your Admin CP, scroll to the bottom and click on 'Update Settings'.
Congratulations, you should now be running v0.9.2 DEV!
Edited by usr.c, 07 November 2006 - 11:09 AM.