Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 21 November 2002 - 01:16 PM

From Ananova:

Windows security flaw alert

Microsoft is warning of a security flaw of "critical" severity in most versions of its Windows operating system.

Microsoft is urging users of Windows 2000, Millennium, 98 and NT 4.0 to download a software patch from the company's security website.

Microsoft's newest version, Windows XP, does not have the problem.

Attackers could exploit a vulnerability in the software that underlies many database functions and take over the user's computer.

It is Microsoft's 65th security bulletin of the year.

The security bulletin is the first to be issued in a simpler format, which Microsoft adopted due to complaints that its bulletins were overly detailed and confusing.

The technically detailed bulletins were geared more for developers or system administrators, rather than everyday users, Steve Lipner, Microsoft's security assurance director, wrote in an email to customers.

Microsoft will continue to issue more technical versions for those who wanted them, Lipner wrote.

The company also added a new category of "important" to how it rates the severity of the security flaws.

The most urgent flaws are termed "critical " the second-most urgent are "important " the next level is "moderate" and the last is "low".

Story filed: 05:55 Thursday 21st November 2002

Things that I don't suck at: Photography (flickr, JPG Mag), Skydiving, Splitting atoms, Flying a space shuttle
"Don't bail; the best gold is at the bottom of barrels of crap!" -Randy Pausch
I have people-skills goddamnit! What is wrong with you people!!! | www.skyrill.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users