#1 ThGreenMoFo

ThGreenMoFo

Elite Member

• Support Team
  • 383 posts

• United States

Posted 02 December 2005 - 04:26 AM

DirectX 10... and so it ends!

There are troubled times ahead. Through one bold move, Microsoft has decided that it will not support, the already too “old” DirectX 9, not to mention DirectX 8 or any of the previous versions. But... it appears to be some logic hidden somewhere.

The new DirectX will not be named Windows Graphic Foundation (WGF) as it was planned and will remain at the old name, as in DirectX 10. It will be released with their brand new operating system Vista. This news API will be composed of new and faster dynamic link libraries (DLLs) and will run much faster (so they say).

Microsoft has decided that backward compatibly with DirectX 9,8,7 isn't really necessary as there will probably will be even less compatible with Vista.

Even so, dear Microsoft hasn't totally forgotten us. Some sort of “compatibility” will be available through a software layer (probably some emulation) which will have its price in system resources, as it will run much slower. The good news is that DirectX 10 will relieve some of the burden on the CPU.

And of course it will have support for the next generation of Pixel Shaders 4.0, although it will probably surface before even Vista's release due to the rapid development of graphic cards.

URL: http://news.softpedi...ends-7762.shtml

#2 FlyersPh9

FlyersPh9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

• United States

Posted 05 December 2005 - 01:21 AM

WAIT! So does this mean my brand new laptop I'm getting this XMAS for school will NOT support Windows Vista! ohmy.gif :'( If so, I will be so pissed and will put a bullet in my head! pinch.gif I hate Microsoft enough for just making a game console that rivals with my favorite company's system - PS2! The XBOX is a joke and THIS news makes my blood boil!

So all in all, will Vista run on my brand new laptop?

#3 ThGreenMoFo

ThGreenMoFo

Elite Member

• Support Team
  • 383 posts

• United States

Posted 05 December 2005 - 03:07 AM

No, to the best of my knowledge, this will only affect users in the sense that Windows Vista will be completely incompatible with any game using DirectX 9 or earlier. With that being said, however, I have heard some discussion of some sort of emulator/virtual environment that will allow DirectX 9 and earlier to run in the Windows Vista environment; due to the nature of such software you will most likely get a huge hit in performance.

#4 jimojim15

jimojim15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Nothing Selected

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:21 AM

I have checked your site and I invite others please check it because the information that is available in your site can spell bound any one.and the images that you have shown in this site also very attractive. There is one more site that I have visited, provide me information that is really unique and the service that they offer also I have experienced, really I enjoy this sevice so I request others please visite this and I want to tell you that after enjoying this service you’ll enjoy it again and again its .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users