Latest release (v0.9.4 DEV)
Latest release (v0.9.4 DEV)
Oct 29 2005, 09:40 PM
Boss, my code's compiling (xkcd)
Joined: 19-September 01
Member No.: 1
Zenith Picture Gallery v0.9.4 DEV
July 9, 2007
Thank you for your interest in the Zenith Picture Gallery project. If any bugs or problems are found, please post them in the Zenith forum here. If they are about a security vulnerability, please PM me.
For the v0.9.4 DEV-specific announcement, please see this.
* PHP 4.2 or higher (if you get any warnings or errors, upgrade your PHP installation until they go away )
* GD2 (if you want the gallery to be able to create thumbnails).
* MySQL 3.22 or higher.
* Linux or Windows
Note: This software is free to use and distribute under the GNU GPL. The only condition for free use is that the copyright notice at the bottom remains intact and visible without any alterations whatsoever. Save me the headaches of taking further action please and don't try to change or remove it. If you'd like to remove the copyright notice, please contact me for details about the Removal of Copyright Notice (ZPG-RCN) license.
Download the latest release from: CyberiaPC.com (zip / tar.gz) or SourceForge.net
View: v0.9.4 DEV changelog | FreshMeat.net page
Quick rundown of the current release's features:
You can have a working gallery up in minutes. Installation is done from the browser and all the gallery's settings and preferences are set through control panels. If you want to add an existing collection of pictures, then just use the Batch Add tool provided in the Admin Control Panel. Want to upload video files or any other filetypes? No problem, just specify their extensions in the Admin CP and you're good to go!
The Admin Control Panel provides an an endless number of tools to help you stay in full control of your gallery. A large set of configuration settings allow you to enable only the settings that you want so that your gallery is just the way you want it!
Members can join, create their own profiles and submit pictures or comment on existing ones while the gallery keeps track of submission stats. You can manage all your members and determine whether to validate new members individually or automatically through their email address.
Pictures in medium and large-sized galleries can be easily managed and backed up thanks to the way categories in the gallery are mapped to directories on the file structure. New in v0.9.4: If you prefer, you can tell your gallery to use numeric ids in your paths instead of category names, which is useful if your category names include characters from different character sets.
If your gallery is non-English then don't worry. You can look through the collection of language files to see if one has already been written by a contributor. Dutch, Finnish, Spanish and other translations are already available. Upon uploading an alternative language file to the gallery, you can change its entire language with only a few clicks.
Three skins are provided within the download package. If none of them is suitable for your site's theme, then creating a new skin is extremely easy.
Exhaustive list of features:
01. Everything is done from the browser, from installation to configuration.
02. Searcheable records by filters.
03. Auto-resizing/resampling of images to thumbnails.
04. Easy skinning.
05. Categories and sub-categories with display permission options.
06. User accounts, user profiles, control panels and user types.
07. Easy management of languages.
08. Blacklist containing IPs of troublesome users.
09. Admin CP allows you to define countless settings and formatting options.
10. A notice appears in the nav bar to admins when there are pictures, comments or users awaiting approval.
11. Batch add pictures via FTP.
12. Batch delete pictures.
13. Rebuild thumbnails tool.
14. Search result and display page addresses are linkable.
15. Gallery can be turned on/off.
16. Adding pictures can be disabled for guests.
17. Sort pictures by Last comments, Most viewed, Top rated.
18. ZIP and download pictures.
19. User accounts, profiles and pictures can all be managed in the Admin CP.
20. Option to receive an email when a picture is submitted.
21. Option to allow only registered users to view the gallery.
22. Option to set a timezone offset for picture submission dates.
23. Categories are mapped to directories in the file structure.
24. Users can choose a skin from the ones uploaded.
25. 'Forgot my Password' and 'Resend Activation Email' options.
26. Admins can define custom fields for pictures.
27. EXIF support.
28. The main page can either show the last added pictures or an album-type view.
29. Admins can set the server locale to display the time and date using local variables.
30. Users can selectively mark and download pictures.
31. All uploaded pictures can be automatically watermarked.
32. With some tweaking (instructions are documented), pictures' values can be set to fields from their IPTC data.
33. Thumbnails whose names already exist in the gallery are automatically renamed.
34. Support for right-to-left languages (except in the Admin CP).
35. Support for other media types such as video and audio files.
36. Admin can choose whether to use category names (as before) or auto-generated numeric ids for directory names and in paths, settable in the Admin CP.*
37. Uploaded pictures that are awaiting approval can now be appended with an admin-settable suffix and hidden from directory listings.*
38. Admins can determine how to order categories.*
39. Individual pictures can be set to public or private.*
40. Thumbnail sizes can be set to fixed or variable.*
41. CAPTCHA support.*
42. Users can switch between currently installed languages.*
* : New in v0.9.4 DEV
Admin CP Screenshots: One / Two / Three / Four
Bug log: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=brows...amp;atid=747725
Discussion, mods, updates: http://cyberiapc.com/forums/index.php?showforum=43
CSS guide: http://cyberiapc.com/zenithpg/css_guide_v1/
This post has been edited by usr.c: Jul 16 2007, 08:18 PM
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 26th May 2013 - 06:29 AM|