Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 08 August 2005 - 04:48 PM

Zenith Picture Gallery v0.8.4

A new version has been released. Click here

Thank you for your interest in the Zenith Picture Gallery project. If any bugs or problems are found, please post them in the Zenith forum here. If they are about a security vulnerability, please PM me.

Requirements:

* PHP 4.2 or higher.
* GD2 (if you want the gallery to be able to create thumbnails).
* MySQL 3.22 or higher.
* Linux. Windows support will be added in v0.9.

Quick rundown of the current release's features:

You, the webmaster, can have a working gallery up in minutes. Installation is done from the browser and all the gallery's settings and preferences are set through control panels. If you want to add an existing collection of pictures, then just use the Batch Add tool provided in the Admin Control Panel.

The Admin Control Panel provides a great number of tools to help you stay in full control of your gallery.

Members can join, create their own profiles and submit pictures or comment on existing ones while the gallery keeps track of submission stats. You can manage all your members and determine whether to validate new members individually or automatically through their email address.

Pictures in medium and large-sized galleries can be easily managed and backed up thanks to the way categories in the gallery are mapped to directories on the file structure.

If your gallery is non-English then don't worry. You can look through the collection of language files to see if one has already been written by a contributor. Dutch, Finnish, Spanish and other translations are already available. Upon uploading an alternative language file to the gallery, you can change its entire language with only a few clicks.

Those of you who are artists or designers will likely want the gallery's appearance to reflect your own style. Three skins are provided within the download package. If none of them is suitable for your site's theme, then creating a new skin is extremely easy.

Exhaustive list of features:

01. Everything is done from the browser, from installation to configuration.
02. Searcheable records by filters.
03. Auto-resizing/resampling of images to thumbnails.
04. Easy skinning.
05. Categories and sub-categories with display permission options.
06. User accounts, user profiles, control panels and user types.
07. Easy management of languages.
08. Blacklist containing IPs of troublesome users.
09. Admin CP allows you to define countless settings and formatting options.
10. A notice appears in the nav bar to admins when there are pictures, comments or users awaiting approval.
11. Batch add pictures via FTP.
12. Batch delete pictures.
13. Rebuild thumbnails tool.
14. Search result and display page addresses are linkable.
15. Gallery can be turned on/off.
16. Adding pictures can be disabled for guests.
17. Sort pictures by Last comments, Most viewed, Top rated.
18. ZIP and download pictures.
19. User accounts, profiles and pictures can all be managed in the Admin CP.
20. Option to receive an email when a picture is submitted.
21. Option to allow only registered users to view the gallery.
22. Option to set a timezone offset for picture submission dates.
23. Categories are mapped to directories in the file structure.
24. Users can choose a skin from the ones uploaded.
25. 'Forgot my Password' and 'Resend Activation Email' tools.

Admin CP Screenshots: One / Two / Three / Four
Demo: http://cyberiapc.com/zenith_demo/
Bug log: https://sourceforge....884&atid=747725
Discussion, mods, updates: http://cyberiapc.com...hp?showforum=43

Note: This software is free to use and distribute under the GNU GPL. The only condition for free use is that the copyright notice at the bottom remains intact and visible without any alterations whatsoever. Save me the headaches of taking further action please and don't try to change or remove it. If you'd like to remove the copyright notice, please contact me for details about the Removal of Copyright Notice (ZPG-RCN) license.

Download the latest release (v0.8.4) from: CyberiaPC.com or SourceForge.net
View: v0.8.4 changelog and release information

Things that I don't suck at: Photography (flickr, JPG Mag), Skydiving, Splitting atoms, Flying a space shuttle
"Don't bail; the best gold is at the bottom of barrels of crap!" -Randy Pausch
I have people-skills goddamnit! What is wrong with you people!!! | www.skyrill.com

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2005 - 02:37 AM

HI, any idea on the release date for the .9 version. I have only Windows servers (WIN2K) available to me but would love to try this script!

#3 usr.c

usr.c

Boss, my code's compiling (xkcd)

• Admins
  • 10,440 posts
  • Interests:Software
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 19 October 2005 - 03:01 AM

Hi, I'd say around Christmas time because it's tough making much progress during the semester.

You can still try v0.8.4 on Windows if you're willing to tinker with the code. I think the use of server paths in functions is the main problem in Windows.

Things that I don't suck at: Photography (flickr, JPG Mag), Skydiving, Splitting atoms, Flying a space shuttle
"Don't bail; the best gold is at the bottom of barrels of crap!" -Randy Pausch
I have people-skills goddamnit! What is wrong with you people!!! | www.skyrill.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users