WinXP 'Longhorn'

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Paul

Paul

SuperNova III Member

• ++Member
  • 2,893 posts
  • Interests:Some Web designing, Amiga's, Like Point & Click Adventure RPG, Watching DVDs

• United Kingdom

Posted 27 September 2002 - 04:58 PM

Time to give Uncle Bill more of our money.

http://www.theregist...nt/4/27325.html

WinXP 'Second Edition' leaks
http://www.theregist...nt/4/28184.html
user posted image

#2 usr.c

usr.c

Boss, my code's compiling (xkcd)

• Admins
  • 10,440 posts
  • Interests:Software
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 01 October 2002 - 05:15 PM

:look:

Things that I don't suck at: Photography (flickr, JPG Mag), Skydiving, Splitting atoms, Flying a space shuttle
"Don't bail; the best gold is at the bottom of barrels of crap!" -Randy Pausch
I have people-skills goddamnit! What is wrong with you people!!! | www.skyrill.com

#3 Paul

Paul

SuperNova III Member

• ++Member
  • 2,893 posts
  • Interests:Some Web designing, Amiga's, Like Point & Click Adventure RPG, Watching DVDs

• United Kingdom

Posted 13 December 2002 - 10:45 AM

http://translate.goo.....F8924297.html

Pictures of next OS
http://www.chip.de/a...ie_8924309.html
N.B. weiter=Next
user posted image

#4 usr.c

usr.c

• Admins
  • 10,440 posts
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 13 December 2002 - 02:29 PM

By the looks of it, the only update is a new-looking systray :p. But seriously, it does look a lot better and has some of those cool OS X looks...

Things that I don't suck at: Photography (flickr, JPG Mag), Skydiving, Splitting atoms, Flying a space shuttle
I have people-skills goddamnit! What is wrong with you people!!! | www.skyrill.com

#5 Paul

Paul

SuperNova III Member

• ++Member
  • 2,893 posts

• United Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2002 - 09:31 AM

Found this FAQ about Longhorn on hardware geeks board.

Longhorn FAQ by AlphaAlien

By popular demand HWGeeks brings you *drum roll* The Longhorn FAQ! This Longhorn FAQ is split into two sections, first part is what’s different and what to expect in the future of longhorn’s development. Second part is general questions about using Longhorn.

So what is Longhorn?
Longhorn is the next desktop version of Windows, currently slated for release in the second half of 2004.

What’s currently different about it?
Longhorn currently is sporting a redone styling engine, and a very early new visual style called Plex. It also has a new sidebar (Microsoft’s answer to OS X’s dock). It also has changes to Display Properties, where it now looks like an XML task pane. Longhorn also has backwards compatibility with older versions of windows. Also Longhorn is NT 6.

What’s going to be added to it in the future?
The GUI for Longhorn will be Direct3D accelerated. This doesn’t mean the interface with be 3D just that it’ll be accelerated, so it doesn’t depend on RAM for all the images anymore.
The sidebar will be added to a lot to allow for more customization and flexibility, also the taskbar will be able to integrate into the sidebar.
The Windows File System will be added. WFS will make it much easier to access relevant data and link between files. WFS is based on SQL database technology.
The look of longhorn will change dramatically (we all should remember how XP looked in the early beta stages).
The styling engine will change a lot.
My Games will be added My Documents.
Castle will be added to Network Neighborhood.
More services will be integrated directly into the OS; My Games will be the first of these to be noticeable.
Palladium will be added, unlike common opinion palladium is not big brother, but is necessary for an OS as tied into web services as longhorn will be.

What happened to Blackcomb?
Blackcomb has been scaled back to merely a point upgrade over longhorn for servers.

When does Longhorn go beta?
Longhorn will go beta around june 2003.

user posted image

#6 Paul

Paul

SuperNova III Member

• ++Member
  • 2,893 posts

• United Kingdom

Posted 02 March 2003 - 03:48 PM

Just saw this link.
http://www.neowin.ne...tion=more&id=55

Tells you about what will be included in Longhorn.
user posted image

#7 usr.c

usr.c

• Admins
  • 10,440 posts
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 02 March 2003 - 06:31 PM

So exactly what are the minimum system requirements for Longhorn :0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users