melbei

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Interests:0

• Australia

Posted 30 May 2002 - 11:47 AM

I recently upgraded to windows me (still not as good as dos) and was frustrated to find that pretentious version of media player was included...after a bit of hunting i found the following article which took me back to v6(something that doesnt have to be pretty to work) "From a DOS Prompt window, type: REN C:\Progra~1\Window~1\Wmplayer.exe Wmplayer.exx and press Enter. Note the spaces between REN_C:\Progra~1\Window~1\Wmplayer.exe_Wmplayer.exx   Next you need to type: Copy C:\Progra~1\Window~1\Mplayer2.exe  C:\Progra~1\Window~1\Wmplayer.exe and press Enter. That's all there is to it and your Quick Launch icon should now have the 6X look."
--System Info--
Hardware:
Celeron 1.6Ghz, 1 Gig DDR ram
40GB Primary HDD. 15GB secondary HDD
56k v90 fax/voice/data modem
100% legal software

#2 melbei

melbei

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Interests:0

• Australia

Posted 28 July 2002 - 10:02 AM

STOP!!!!!! DON'T DO ANYTHING!!!!!!!!! There is a problem with ie 5+ when using an older version of media player. The best way to get rid of the skin is to change the settings from within media player. Sorry if this caused any problems....I strongly reccomend anyone update media player to the latest version ASAP!!
--System Info--
Hardware:
Celeron 1.6Ghz, 1 Gig DDR ram
40GB Primary HDD. 15GB secondary HDD
56k v90 fax/voice/data modem
100% legal software

#3 Paul

Paul

SuperNova III Member

• ++Member
  • 2,893 posts
  • Interests:Some Web designing, Amiga's, Like Point & Click Adventure RPG, Watching DVDs

• United Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2003 - 02:27 PM

Even better is to use Media Player Classic which is similar to Windows Media Player 6.4 but up-to-date

Media Player Classic
user posted image

#4 BlaxynabPlale

BlaxynabPlale

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Playing sports

Posted 27 December 2009 - 07:23 PM

You can try Drag n Drop that file to Windows Media Player.... should work.. Normally avseq.DAT is situated in MPEGAV folder on VCD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users