6 replies to this topic

#1 -DeMoN-

-DeMoN-

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• United States

Posted 29 August 2004 - 10:14 AM

Ok...When I reboot or turn on my computer every single time it brings up the My Documents Folder...I tried msconfig, and the startup folder. I dunno what else to do. And it's annoying. Somebody please help me :(

#2 Mario

Mario

Verto Venatus Deus!

• Moderators
  • 913 posts

• United States

Posted 29 August 2004 - 10:32 AM

aye everyone.. this be a friend on yahoo.. i couldnt figure out a remedy so i suggested him commin here... hope yall can help him.. thx peeps :)
I'm Back!

Certifications: MCSA, MCSE & A+
General Information Technology & Support.
Ex-Owner & Operator of Hackers(dot)Com
Owner & Operator of Ace Technologies & Securities Inc. (currently spending a year dead for tax purposes)
Proficient with Multiple Forum Communities in providing layman Tech Support & Solution Solving.

Next Scheduled Attending Event: SpoCon Spokane, WA

#3 usr.c

usr.c

Boss, my code's compiling (xkcd)

• Admins
  • 10,440 posts
  • Interests:Software
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 29 August 2004 - 10:37 AM

Could you post a screenshot of all the entries under the two registry trees (Start, Run, regedit):

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/RunHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run

If you didn't have any luck with msconfig, then it's likely to be a corrupt entry that's causing that to happen.

Also, make sure the folder is not set to start in:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
C:\Documents and Settings\your_user_name\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Things that I don't suck at: Photography (flickr, JPG Mag), Skydiving, Splitting atoms, Flying a space shuttle
"Don't bail; the best gold is at the bottom of barrels of crap!" -Randy Pausch
I have people-skills goddamnit! What is wrong with you people!!! | www.skyrill.com

#4 -DeMoN-

-DeMoN-

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• United States

Posted 29 August 2004 - 11:17 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

There they are, and I had already checked the start up folders n there was nothing :/

#5 usr.c

usr.c

• Admins
  • 10,440 posts
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 29 August 2004 - 11:34 AM

In HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/RunHKEY

Enclose the path for Yahoo! Pager with double quotes ("...") leaving out the -quiet flag

Do the same for ICQ Lite in the second tree.

You've also got TV Media, Windows SA spyware that you should remove. See the Spyware helpsheet in this forum and this article: http://www.pestpatro...h_assistant.asp

Also, could you post the full value of the RunDLL key. I just want to check what it is loading on startup.

ClrSchLoader,

Things that I don't suck at: Photography (flickr, JPG Mag), Skydiving, Splitting atoms, Flying a space shuttle
I have people-skills goddamnit! What is wrong with you people!!! | www.skyrill.com

#6 -DeMoN-

-DeMoN-

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• United States

Posted 29 August 2004 - 01:25 PM

I mario helpped me with that TV Media...it's been there for a while haven't been able to take care of it till now...I enclosed the yahoo pager and ICQ and this is what it says for RunDLL rundll32.exe "C:\WINNT\Downloaded Program Files\bridge.dll",Load

#7 usr.c

usr.c

• Admins
  • 10,440 posts
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 30 August 2004 - 09:15 AM

The bridge.dll spyware is probably the culprit. Download this file: http://malwarebytes....AboutBuster.zip and do a full scan from safe mode. Then delete the file C:\WINNT\Downloaded Program Files\bridge.dll if it exists.

Restart, and let me know if the bridge.dll entry for the rundll key is still there. Also, could you post your HijackThis log so I can be sure that the spyware is gone for good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users