• 10,440 posts
  • Interests:Software
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 25 August 2004 - 11:37 AM

There's a 2-week old article (don't know how I missed it) at GS that says that SNK Playmore are planning to release a remake of KOF 94 on an "unannounced home console" this December: http://www.gamespot....ws_6104707.html

Good news for KOF fans or for anyone who never got the chance to play the early KOF ports.

Addtionally, SNK Playmore is now dropping hints that it will release a reproduction of the NeoGeo CD controller pad, most likely as a bonus for the KOF '94 remake. GameSpot will provide more information as it becomes available.

Things that I don't suck at: Photography (flickr, JPG Mag), Skydiving, Splitting atoms, Flying a space shuttle
"Don't bail; the best gold is at the bottom of barrels of crap!" -Randy Pausch
I have people-skills goddamnit! What is wrong with you people!!! | www.skyrill.com

#2 Iron Gland

Iron Gland

Head Of UAC Security

• Moderators
  • 473 posts

• United States

Posted 25 August 2004 - 02:26 PM

I've never played any King of Fighters game. How do the compare to other fighters such as Street Fighter, or Mortal Kombat.

#3 usr.c

usr.c

Boss, my code's compiling (xkcd)

• Admins
  • 10,440 posts
  • Interests:Software
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 25 August 2004 - 03:29 PM

I tend to like the Neo Geo fighting games more: Last Blade 2, Samurai Shodown, KOF...I prefer the faster and smoother gameplay of SNK games. The characters are also amazingly unique. The storyline in LB2 is also a first in fighting games. With KOF, you can have team fights (kind of like the one in Dead or Alive - Dreamcast) where you choose 3 players and fight with one of them at a time. The combos are more difficult and require fast fingers, compared to the routine half circles in SF2. (I've not played the Alpha series so I don't know what they changed in them) You also have power specials that you can do after a while and totally destroy the other person with. It doesn't really compare at all with MK. You only get that kind of speed, moves, combos, counters in SNK games.

Things that I don't suck at: Photography (flickr, JPG Mag), Skydiving, Splitting atoms, Flying a space shuttle
"Don't bail; the best gold is at the bottom of barrels of crap!" -Randy Pausch
I have people-skills goddamnit! What is wrong with you people!!! | www.skyrill.com

#4 Iron Gland

Iron Gland

Head Of UAC Security

• Moderators
  • 473 posts

• United States

Posted 25 August 2004 - 03:36 PM

Sounds like a lot of fun, i think i'll have to pick up a copy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users