- - - - -

c++coder

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2003 - 01:39 PM

I recently downloaded the c++coder program and installed it on my computer. So far so good. Launching the program seems to be no problem, but when I try to access the c++ excercises I get this error message: "Run-time error '339': Component 'COMCTL32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid -------------------------------------------------------------- Andybody know why this happens? I'm using a Compaq Presario, P3 1000ghz, 256mb, Win ME

#2 usr.c

usr.c

Boss, my code's compiling (xkcd)

• Admins
  • 10,440 posts
  • Interests:Software
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 17 July 2003 - 09:00 PM

Hi there, Which version did you download? This is a bug in v1.2, which has been fixed in v1.5. What operating system are you using?

Things that I don't suck at: Photography (flickr, JPG Mag), Skydiving, Splitting atoms, Flying a space shuttle
"Don't bail; the best gold is at the bottom of barrels of crap!" -Randy Pausch
I have people-skills goddamnit! What is wrong with you people!!! | www.skyrill.com

#3 lnx

lnx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Nothing Selected

Posted 17 July 2003 - 10:00 PM

I downloaded coder v1.5...... I'm using windows me

#4 usr.c

usr.c

• Admins
  • 10,440 posts
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 19 July 2003 - 09:01 AM

That's strange since v1.5 does not have that bug. My advise is to download the application again from http://www.cyberiapc...er/ccoder15.exe, uninstall your current version and the then reinstall it. That should register all the required dependency files.

If that fails please let me know :)

Things that I don't suck at: Photography (flickr, JPG Mag), Skydiving, Splitting atoms, Flying a space shuttle
I have people-skills goddamnit! What is wrong with you people!!! | www.skyrill.com

#5 lnx

lnx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Nothing Selected

Posted 19 July 2003 - 06:52 PM

I reinstalled the coder program once more, but still no luck. Still get the error message...... I've also updated the comctl32.ocx file but instead I get a new error message: Run-time error '372': "Failed to load control 'Tabstrip' from comctl32.ocx Your version of comctl32.ocx may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application" The version of comctl32.ocx that I have installed on win ME is 6.0.81.5, previous version was 5.0.38.28.......... Any tips?

#6 usr.c

usr.c

• Admins
  • 10,440 posts
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 19 July 2003 - 09:55 PM

The version of comctl that comes with the program is the one to use. Try manually registering the component using the following process, even though the installation should have automatically registered the component for you:

Save the component at a location that you will never move it fromsuch as C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32
Go to Start, Run and type:

REGSVR32 C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\COMCTL32.OCX (change the path to wherever the component exists)

Click OK.

Let me know how it goes :)

#7 lnx

lnx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Nothing Selected

Posted 20 July 2003 - 09:38 PM

I manually registered the comctl like you said and it works. Don't get any error messages anymore. Thanks for the tip, you've been very helpful.

#8 Zep

Zep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Nothing Selected

Posted 21 July 2003 - 05:29 PM

Hi, that error happened to me to (the 339) But I use Windows 98. How do I solve it? And whats that comctl32.ocx file? I used the windows search and i didnt find it. Do I have to download it?

#9 usr.c

usr.c

• Admins
  • 10,440 posts
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 21 July 2003 - 09:54 PM

Welcome to the board Zep! comctl.ocx is the dependency needed to run the tabstrip component which exists in the "Exercises" section. You should have it in your C:\Windows\System or C:\Windows\System32 folder. If not, then try the same process I described and it should take care of the problem.

#10 Zep

Zep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Nothing Selected

Posted 22 July 2003 - 03:16 AM

I searched in the windows\system, but I didnt find any comctl32.ocx. Just mscomctl.ocx or comctl.dll

#11 usr.c

usr.c

• Admins
  • 10,440 posts
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 22 July 2003 - 08:25 PM

Look in your System32 folder. Did you follow the dependency registration process that I described in my last post?

#12 Zep

Zep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Nothing Selected

Posted 22 July 2003 - 11:18 PM

This file just don't exist in my computer. And I inserted that code in Start->Run and it just gives a LoadLibrary error

#13 usr.c

usr.c

• Admins
  • 10,440 posts
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 23 July 2003 - 11:32 AM

I don't really have any more suggestions other than what I already mentioned about uninstalling and then reinstalling the program. Sorry.. :ph34r:

#14 hoomun

hoomun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

• Australia

Posted 05 April 2004 - 07:52 AM

here try this site it's got it for download

http://www.devx.com/...hemax/Tip/18538

Edited by hoomun, 05 April 2004 - 07:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users