• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dsd_uk

dsd_uk

• ++Member
  • 54 posts

• United Kingdom

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:34 PM

Hi, had a probably a few weeks back with my sound port not working on my laptop, solved that thanks to your help here and got myself a USB adapter for it and it now works fine. But now I'm having problems actually charging the laptop, I know the power lead and adapter are working as I have tried it on a similar model and it charges the laptop, so its the actual female port on the laptop itself that fails to be conducting the power from the lead. Any ideas on how to sort this one? I guess its a job for a technician, any ideas if thats worth doing cost wise? Be in so its falling apart at the seems I might just bite the bullet and get a brand new one.
Cheers.

#2 bobhome

bobhome

The old timer

• ++Member
  • 2,740 posts
  • Interests:0

• United Kingdom

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE(dsd_uk @ Dec 31 2011, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, had a probably a few weeks back with my sound port not working on my laptop, solved that thanks to your help here and got myself a USB adapter for it and it now works fine. But now I'm having problems actually charging the laptop, I know the power lead and adapter are working as I have tried it on a similar model and it charges the laptop, so its the actual female port on the laptop itself that fails to be conducting the power from the lead. Any ideas on how to sort this one? I guess its a job for a technician, any ideas if thats worth doing cost wise? Be in so its falling apart at the seems I might just bite the bullet and get a brand new one.
Cheers.

Hi,
the actual jack sockets are dirt cheap, but fitting them is not for the amateur, if you know someone who is handy with soldering electronics, then its only a few pounds
look here for sockets
REGARDS

Sys.info
Inspiron 530
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8400 processor (3.00GHz, 1333MHz, 6MB cache)
Video Card
256MB ATI® Radeon™ HD 2400 XT graphics card
Memory
3072MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x1024 + 2x512]
built wireless and bluetooth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users