1 reply to this topic

#1 Ghouler

Ghouler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Nothing Selected

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:40 PM

Zii has been unveiled at CES today and I do not feel like anything has changed. But maybe these things need time?

The Zii is a scalable and programmable architecture designed by the former 3DLabs group, which Creative bought in 2002. The first Zii chip will be system-on-a-chip (SoC) with dual ARM-926 cores with 48 programmable processor elements (PEs) and capable of delivering 10 gigaFLOPS of computing power to e.g. render 3D graphics etc. And I have to say I am impressed by what I have found on the web so far:

http://www.electroni...8/creative.zii/

#2 TecKchriS

TecKchriS

oxymoronman

• ++Member
  • 118 posts

• United States

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:14 AM

Next thing you know Nintendo will buy this up and use if for their consoles; then we would be seeing our miis on our wiis powered by ziis. Really what is up with all the 'i' stuff, apple has iEverything, google ripped em off and has igoogle, and creative seems to be uncreative with following the new Nintendo naming convention.

The chip itself does look like it has potential, and could be the next generation of processing, but of course if we continue our current trend of cutting transistor size in half every ten years, and this is 100 times smaller, we may have to wait until 2100 to see it released =P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users