• 10,440 posts
  • Interests:Software
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:59 AM

Boss, why didn't I get the promotion you promised me 4 months ago!
Well, you know son, we're in a recession right now; times are tough and our budget has already been cut in half

Supervisor Smith, why are we no longer allowed to park in the company's parking lot when all the managers still can?
Well, you know son, we're in a recession right now and so we'd like you to save on gas, which is why we're asking that you drive less and instead park in that public parking lot on the other side of town and walk the rest of the way

Dad, I need to pay my college tuition fees; I'm already 3 months late and they've threatened to kick me out!
Well, son, we're in a recession right now and I'm tight for cash; book smarts isn't everything, you know

Mom, did you actually wash these socks because they still stink!
Well, you know son, we're in a recession right now; water and laundry detergent cost money

Honey, this chicken that you cooked for me is raw! Are you sure you even cooked it at all!
Well, you know love, we're in a recession right now; we can't eat as lavishly as we used to

Things that I don't suck at: Photography (flickr, JPG Mag), Skydiving, Splitting atoms, Flying a space shuttle
"Don't bail; the best gold is at the bottom of barrels of crap!" -Randy Pausch
I have people-skills goddamnit! What is wrong with you people!!! | www.skyrill.com

#2 glitch

glitch

Elite III Member

• ++Member
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy stuff, not the magazine, as well as various activities including the art of "dossing" "lazing" and general "assing".

• United Kingdom

Posted 12 December 2008 - 07:52 PM

An actual conversation I had:
Me: How did he miss that? It was an open goal!
Friend: Credit Crunch!

-

#3 Ghouler

Ghouler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Nothing Selected

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:34 PM

Funny stuff

Just back from a holiday in so called 3rd World.
Maaaan, all this recession talk is sickening.

1st World recession-hit problems:
1. you might lose your job and live from social welfare
2. you might not be able to save for summer holidays
3. you might not be able to get the latest ipod

3rd World real-life problems:
1. if you get a 12 hours per day 6 days a week no sick days job you really consider yourself lucky. There is no social welface by the way
2. there is no concept of holidays. If you have a job you do it every dayy
3. you might not be able to get the latest ipod but you really do not care

Sorry, had to get it off my chest...

#4 Grin

Grin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

• Singapore

Posted 26 December 2009 - 03:31 AM

QUOTE(usr.c @ Dec 3 2008, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Boss, why didn't I get the promotion you promised me 4 months ago!
Well, you know son, we're in a recession right now; times are tough and our budget has already been cut in half

Supervisor Smith, why are we no longer allowed to park in the company's parking lot when all the managers still can?
Well, you know son, we're in a recession right now and so we'd like you to save on gas, which is why we're asking that you drive less and instead park in that public parking lot on the other side of town and walk the rest of the way

Dad, I need to pay my college tuition fees; I'm already 3 months late and they've threatened to kick me out!
Well, son, we're in a recession right now and I'm tight for cash; book smarts isn't everything, you know

Mom, did you actually wash these socks because they still stink!
Well, you know son, we're in a recession right now; water and laundry detergent cost money

Honey, this chicken that you cooked for me is raw! Are you sure you even cooked it at all!
Well, you know love, we're in a recession right now; we can't eat as lavishly as we used to

omg! recessions can kill, Some of the news killed their own family because they are so depress
but economy is now moving forward to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users