• 10,440 posts
  • Interests:Software
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:30 AM

That's right, it's been six months since the news forum saw any activity. And right now, I'm not really sure how exactly to resuscitate it. Shamelessly copy-pasting articles from other websites, which is how it all started many many years ago, was clearly a bad idea and wasted everyone's time. Writing articles that included some poor attempts at humor and sarcasm thereafter la The Onion was a bit more original, but took more time and effort (bah!) So now, I'm thinking: What can we do that is a bit more novel? It doesn't have to be Special-relativity-novel, just something that's a bit fresh and different and exciting.

Hmm...what can we do that's novel? Something that's...a bit different...hmm...

I can't think of anything right now, but I'm sure it'll come to me soon enough. In the meantime, here's a picture of what a geek with a baby looks like.
(original source)

Actually, how about a little experiment. I was reading this article this morning about a teacher who decided to sell ad spaces on her exams! What would be the best way for us to write about/spin/mock/analyze/laugh out loud at such a piece?

Attached Thumbnails

• joejet.com_000010_35_assorted_images.jpg

Things that I don't suck at: Photography (flickr, JPG Mag), Skydiving, Splitting atoms, Flying a space shuttle
"Don't bail; the best gold is at the bottom of barrels of crap!" -Randy Pausch
I have people-skills goddamnit! What is wrong with you people!!! | www.skyrill.com

#2 amir

amir

SuperNova III Member

• Support Team
  • 2,141 posts
  • Interests:http://adagio.fm<br />http://entranced.fm/

• Canada

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:21 AM

she will find herself replying to a blind date ad, her husband put there.
or

"put 2 ads & double your marks on the next exam!", conditions apply. the final marks can not exceed 100. unused marks cannot be carried over.
or

"take 3 exams & get a free ad space anywhere on the sheet!"

you know .... you've already done sth a bit different. just post any silly news you will & anyone who is bored enough will try to amuse others with some silly jokes about the news.

#3 TecKchriS

TecKchriS

oxymoronman

• ++Member
  • 118 posts

• United States

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:15 AM

And then the inevitable part where someone has to make a comment about the last's persons comment so as soon as someone scrolls down to the end without reading every single post they would be completely lost. Which is always funny to see that look of confusion on their face, it's just too sad we can't capture their picture while they are in the 'wtf daze'.

btw usr.c, thanks for the + cool.gif (unless that happened to be someone else who which I would transfer credit =P )

#4 usr.c

usr.c

Boss, my code's compiling (xkcd)

• Admins
  • 10,440 posts
  • Interests:Software
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:30 AM

QUOTE(TecKchriS @ Dec 5 2008, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And then the inevitable part where someone has to make a comment about the last's persons comment so as soon as someone scrolls down to the end without reading every single post they would be completely lost. Which is always funny to see that look of confusion on their face, it's just too sad we can't capture their picture while they are in the 'wtf daze'.

btw usr.c, thanks for the + cool.gif (unless that happened to be someone else who which I would transfer credit =P )

No worries, sorry for being a couple of years late with that. Procrastination is kind of a tradition here. original.gif

Things that I don't suck at: Photography (flickr, JPG Mag), Skydiving, Splitting atoms, Flying a space shuttle
"Don't bail; the best gold is at the bottom of barrels of crap!" -Randy Pausch
I have people-skills goddamnit! What is wrong with you people!!! | www.skyrill.com

#5 MaD_cOw

MaD_cOw

No way... It compiles? SHIP IT!

• Moderators
  • 609 posts
  • Interests:Drumming,<br />Music,<br />Mountain Biking,<br />Modding,<br />Vintage Hardware,

• Canada

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE(usr.c @ Dec 6 2008, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No worries, sorry for being a couple of years late with that. Procrastination is kind of a tradition here. original.gif

I call a Cyberiapc staff meeting, umm sometime maybe 2020.

Edited by MaD_cOw, 10 December 2008 - 04:34 PM.

-Mad_cow

#6 TecKchriS

TecKchriS

oxymoronman

• ++Member
  • 118 posts

• United States

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:06 AM

No worries, sorry for being a couple of years late with that. Procrastination is kind of a tradition here.
lol, at least that means I will fit in. I took a year's break myself, It wouldn't have looked good for me to become a +member then leave. whistling.gif

#7 Never That

Never That

Legendary

• ++Member
  • 601 posts

• United States

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:15 AM

2020? the world ends in 2012
There is no God, no universe, no human race, no earthly life, no heaven,
no hell. It is all a dream, a grotesque and foolish dream. Nothing exists
but you. And you are but a thought a vagrant thought, a useless thought,
a homeless thought,wandering forlorn among the empty eternities!

Mark Twain

#8 D.heaps

D.heaps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing, motorcross

• Nothing Selected

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:52 AM

Update:

It looks like some firewalls are filtering out links from web pages that have the word ad or ads in the url. That is why some people are unable to view the ads or other links on the page.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)