#1 TecKchriS

TecKchriS

oxymoronman

• ++Member
  • 118 posts

• United States

Posted 22 June 2008 - 05:59 PM

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to see what everyone's opinions are for web browsers. Because I am just getting into web design I have had to deal with the major four a lot lately, and have found that they love to hit on each other (go figure). Safari Brags that it has the fastest load times ( http://www.apple.com/safari/ ). But they are only counting FF 2 and Opera 9 not the new 9.5.

So my personal opinion is that Firefox 3 is the way to go, with opera as second, then safari and lastly IE.

Firefox 3:

this was taken at the same time the others were, but with firefox I was able to max out at about 200mbs.
It is clearly faster for speed tests and ping and so on, and page load times take the same or less than safari for me.
Also all the add ons are amazing.

The only bad thing with firefox is how the add-ons can be incompatible so fast.

Opera 9.5:

Not bad speed, but always had horrible ping. Great interface though

Safari:

I really have nothing agaisnt safari, except it seems a bit 'childish' to me and I like a web browser with power. (and customization)

IE 7:

IE did beat others in speed from speed test.net but it has a horrible user interface is my opinion.

(All these were taken at 2pm on standard comcast internet, nothing fancy.)

Other opinions?

#2 D.heaps

D.heaps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing, motorcross

• Nothing Selected

Posted 14 November 2009 - 08:34 AM

hey am using firefox as the browser in my laptop... but the thing i have to say is that opera mobile is one ofa best kind that am using it my htc microsoft mobile device... its actuall pretty good... any way thanks opera and my wishes..

#3 Gringo

Gringo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

• Philippines

Posted 20 December 2009 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE(D.heaps @ Nov 14 2009, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey am using firefox as the browser in my laptop... but the thing i have to say is that opera mobile is one ofa best kind that am using it my htc microsoft mobile device... its actuall pretty good... any way thanks opera and my wishes..

Firefox and Opera is well known for being fast browser in terms on loading web pages. I'm using Firefox v3, and Opera min 4.2 on my mobile net. haven't tried the Opera v10 I would like to see some Opera v10 users give their feedback's.

#4 jane walker

jane walker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Nothing Selected

Posted 23 December 2009 - 06:23 AM

QUOTE(Gringo @ Dec 20 2009, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Firefox and Opera is well known for being fast browser in terms on loading web pages. I'm using Firefox v3, and Opera min 4.2 on my mobile net. haven't tried the Opera v10 I would like to see some Opera v10 users give their feedback's.

haven't tried safari yet. I am using Firefox v3, but the add-ons is for sure to annoy me many times. But besides that, I guess it is simply the best. original.gif

Thanks for sharing.

chiropractor marketing

#5 Grin

Grin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

• Singapore

Posted 26 December 2009 - 03:27 AM

Google chrome for me, It's my boy, loads faster and much more friendly interface on my opinion

#6 natalie

natalie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• United States

Posted 08 February 2010 - 07:05 PM

I always have fond using firefox. I just wonder now adays it always crashed down. It bugs me a lot when you are in a hurry of doing some impt matters. Now I am using Google Chrome and IEv8 and I'm happy about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users