• 10,440 posts
  • Interests:Software
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 17 May 2008 - 01:21 PM

Of all the products released by Symantec, I have to say, their Removal Tool is by far their best. They've really outdone themselves with that gem of a product. Reaction to it has been overwhelmingly positive from reviewers all across the Internet. Here's a description of what it does from the Symantec website:

"The Norton Removal Tool uninstalls all Norton 2008/2007/2006/2005/2004/2003 products and Norton 360 from your computer."

I've had Norton 360 installed on my Windows machine for a while now. Not only is it useless against a boatload of spyware applications, but it is also a memory hog, it's slow to load, it's slow during scans, it takes it several weeks to react after you click on "Skip Scan" or "Stop Scan", it causes random lockups during startup, and the list just goes on and on...The only thing it's good at is cleaning up temporary internet files, which I have to admit is great, especially since doing it from within IE or Firefox is such a hassle. I mean you have to load the browser, and then you have to go to Tools, click on Internet Options/Clear Private Data, then click on the button...I mean, it's just not worth the trouble.

Take a look at the attached screenshot. Good old SpyBot S&D found over 100 suspicious files and entries in under 10 minutes, while Norton has found none and it's been running for over an hour so far.

Attached Thumbnails

• norton360vsspywaresd.JPG

Things that I don't suck at: Photography (flickr, JPG Mag), Skydiving, Splitting atoms, Flying a space shuttle
"Don't bail; the best gold is at the bottom of barrels of crap!" -Randy Pausch
I have people-skills goddamnit! What is wrong with you people!!! | www.skyrill.com

#2 amir

amir

SuperNova III Member

• Support Team
  • 2,141 posts
  • Interests:http://adagio.fm<br />http://entranced.fm/

• Canada

Posted 17 May 2008 - 03:45 PM

<sarcasm> is that machine a virus Lab? how come u get that many spywares? isn't that S&D screen shot from another computer? aren't you trying to defame Symantec by making up evidence? is that how u make some extra cash for those luxurious trips around the globe? </sarcasm>

#3 MaD_cOw

MaD_cOw

No way... It compiles? SHIP IT!

• Moderators
  • 609 posts
  • Interests:Drumming,<br />Music,<br />Mountain Biking,<br />Modding,<br />Vintage Hardware,

• Canada

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:18 AM

BTW, What is the correct plural of Spyware, is it spywares or just spyware?

I believe its just spyware.
-Mad_cow

#4 amir

amir

SuperNova III Member

• Support Team
  • 2,141 posts
  • Interests:http://adagio.fm<br />http://entranced.fm/

• Canada

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:50 PM

sth that i'm very pissed off by when I scan using these spyware tools is that there is no way to hide cookies they find. I DON'T want to look through thousands of (harmless) cookies & remove them one by one. did u hear that Mr. friendly-gui-designer ?

#5 in.here

in.here

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Nothing Selected

Posted 08 February 2010 - 05:26 AM

I have checked your site and I invite others please check it because the information that is available in your site can spell bound any one.and the images that you have shown in this site also very attractive. There is one more site that I have visited, provide me information that is really unique and the service that they offer also I have experienced, really I enjoy this sevice so I request others please visite this and I want to tell you that after enjoying this service you’ll enjoy it again and again its . Merchant Account Services & Free Credit Card Processing, Apply Now for Merchant Account Services and a Free Credit Card Processing Account with Instant Approval & Guaranteed Low Rates!

microsoft certificate | a+ essentials practice test | cissp questions and answers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users