1 reply to this topic

#1 Mario

Mario

Verto Venatus Deus!

• Moderators
  • 913 posts

• United States

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:32 AM

From the LA Times: "The new headquarters of one of the world's most popular websites is 3,000 square feet of rented space furnished with desks and chairs bought on the cheap from EBay and Craigslist.

A sheet of printer paper taped to the door says the office belongs to the Wikimedia Foundation, the nonprofit that runs Wikipedia, the online almanac of anything and everything that users want to chronicle, from Thomas Aquinas to Zorba the Greek.

With about 300 million page views a day, the site by some estimates could be worth many hundreds of millions of dollars if it sold advertising space. It doesn't. Wikipedia's business plan is, basically, to hold out a tin cup whenever it runs low on funds, which is very often."

This is a very interesting article, especially since wikipedia has changed the face of the internet. Check it out @ The LA Times
I'm Back!

Certifications: MCSA, MCSE & A+
General Information Technology & Support.
Ex-Owner & Operator of Hackers(dot)Com
Owner & Operator of Ace Technologies & Securities Inc. (currently spending a year dead for tax purposes)
Proficient with Multiple Forum Communities in providing layman Tech Support & Solution Solving.

Next Scheduled Attending Event: SpoCon Spokane, WA

#2 Goodpeople

Goodpeople

Wats wrong wit sayin hoe?

• ++Member
  • 611 posts
  • Interests:I like to play football, video games, and i love chicken and red kooool-aid!

• United States

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:34 AM

damn i wouldnt of known that i would like to buy out that company and invest in it lol...
Yo...This right herrr is goodpeople
and Im here to teach you bout some people.
Down
in T-town is where I stay
N*
dont get it twisted, I
get my paper herrr every DAY!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users