1 reply to this topic

#1 Mario

Mario

Verto Venatus Deus!

• Moderators
  • 913 posts

• United States

Posted 16 February 2008 - 11:13 PM

Okay, this is a bit weird but sometimes you have a standalone program you don't want in the dock. Why not right?

Well, this is pretty easy. However if you do this, you won't have a dock icon nor the menu option when you click on the program. only whats built into the UI.

Go into "Applications" and right click on the application in particular and hit "show contents". In the "contents" folder, theirs a file called "Info.plist". Open it with Text Edit.

Add the following to the file:
CODE
    <key>LSUIElement</key>
    <string>1</string>

make sure your adding this before a <key> call or after the </string> call, if you add this between another set of key/strings it will break it and won't open the app, (and the icon for the info.plist file won't be the same as it was before your edit..)

Remember: NO DOCK ICON OR MENU .. so only do this if you have a program you don't mind not having those, (like i have istat running all the time on my second monitor.. sooo somethin like that..)

I'm Back!

Certifications: MCSA, MCSE & A+
General Information Technology & Support.
Ex-Owner & Operator of Hackers(dot)Com
Owner & Operator of Ace Technologies & Securities Inc. (currently spending a year dead for tax purposes)
Proficient with Multiple Forum Communities in providing layman Tech Support & Solution Solving.

Next Scheduled Attending Event: SpoCon Spokane, WA

#2 Suictructof

Suictructof

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Darts

• Nothing Selected

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:30 PM

Yep. You can add spacers into the dock. Just make the spacer image transparent. I forget what app can do it, though. Maybe Secrets? Docker?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users