SOS HELP SCREEN NOT WORKING

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Goodpeople

Goodpeople

Wats wrong wit sayin hoe?

• ++Member
  • 611 posts
  • Interests:I like to play football, video games, and i love chicken and red kooool-aid!

• United States

Posted 29 January 2008 - 04:39 PM

hey guys, i bought a HPvs17 it at a pawn shop. dance.gif I plugged it in my averatec 2100 series laptop so i can watch movies dance.gif but when i played my dvd on my laptop it showed up blank on my hpvs17 screen but it worked for the laptop blink.gif ... any tips on how i can show it on the lcd screen? i really need an answer today guys so i can watch this blockbuster movie before i turn it in today.... SOS HELP!!!!!!!
Yo...This right herrr is goodpeople
and Im here to teach you bout some people.
Down
in T-town is where I stay
N*
dont get it twisted, I
get my paper herrr every DAY!

#2 MaD_cOw

MaD_cOw

No way... It compiles? SHIP IT!

• Moderators
  • 609 posts
  • Interests:Drumming,<br />Music,<br />Mountain Biking,<br />Modding,<br />Vintage Hardware,

• Canada

Posted 29 January 2008 - 05:24 PM

Is it an LCD?
Does it work with other connectors?
What kind of laptop?
Does the laptop out work on other screens?
There might be a button combination to make it display on the screen (I think dell is FN + F5)
-Mad_cow

#3 Goodpeople

Goodpeople

• ++Member
  • 611 posts
  • Interests:I like to play football, video games, and i love chicken and red kooool-aid!

• United States

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE(MaD_cOw @ Jan 29 2008, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it an LCD?
Does it work with other connectors?
What kind of laptop?
Does the laptop out work on other screens?
There might be a button combination to make it display on the screen (I think dell is FN + F5)

pinch.gif so many questions... lol... hold on...

Yes it is an LCD... it doesnt play video files on it, you think its a DVD decoder problem? I have only one laptop....

I have played my emulators and they work fine, i can see everything else but video files, this is so wierd! :'( i payed 100 bucks for it realmad.gif realmad.gif realmad.gif
Down
N*
dont get it twisted, I

#4 Goodpeople

Goodpeople

• ++Member
  • 611 posts

• United States

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:03 PM

ermm.gif? someone help me in my hour of need!!!!
Down
N*
dont get it twisted, I

#5 Mario

Mario

Verto Venatus Deus!

• Moderators
  • 913 posts

• United States

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:08 AM

so you bought a screen plug it in to the laptop, and it doesn't play movies? i know with my mac i had to set the screen default settings so quicktime would fullscreen on the other monitor.

you try going into the program prefs for fullscreen or just going into the properties on the right click and in advanced changing the default screen ?

*PS Support Team -> This topic needs to be removed to the correct forum, the general chat mod messered up...
I'm Back!

Certifications: MCSA, MCSE & A+
General Information Technology & Support.
Ex-Owner & Operator of Hackers(dot)Com
Owner & Operator of Ace Technologies & Securities Inc. (currently spending a year dead for tax purposes)
Proficient with Multiple Forum Communities in providing layman Tech Support & Solution Solving.

Next Scheduled Attending Event: SpoCon Spokane, WA

#6 MaD_cOw

MaD_cOw

• Moderators
  • 609 posts
  • Interests:Drumming,<br />Music,<br />Mountain Biking,<br />Modding,<br />Vintage Hardware,

• Canada

Posted 30 January 2008 - 05:50 PM

Yeah It seems like a problem with the software you are using to play videos with.

Which software are you using?
-Mad_cow

#7 Goodpeople

Goodpeople

• ++Member
  • 611 posts

• United States

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE(Mario @ Jan 30 2008, 03:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so you bought a screen plug it in to the laptop, and it doesn't play movies? i know with my mac i had to set the screen default settings so quicktime would fullscreen on the other monitor.

you try going into the program prefs for fullscreen or just going into the properties on the right click and in advanced changing the default screen ?
*PS Support Team -> This topic needs to be removed to the correct forum, the general chat mod messered up...

thumbsup.gif thanks i fixed it, it took me all day to do it, i am sorry for being late with the responses, i had to drive to the Rec Center.

I had downloaded the driver at the HP website. onced i installed the driver i went ahead and restarded my computer.

Once it came back up i went to control panel and display. from there i went to settings and advance...
once i seen all these crazy tabs blink.gif i went to monitor and from there it was only plug and play monitors and default monitors i went to driver and update driver.

When the window for install driver unistall driver came up, i went to install driver and from there i loaded up the .ini file i downloaded from HP. onced the driver was installed i set it up as my primary monitor and it worked! dance.gif

laugh.gif Thank you everyone for your support man i love this forum!!! I just wish i could change my own LCD screen or fix it... rolleyes.gif

Down
N*
dont get it twisted, I

#8 MaD_cOw

MaD_cOw

• Moderators
  • 609 posts

• Canada

Posted 31 January 2008 - 03:37 PM

Your built in laptop screen doesn't work and you need to change it?

Well thats really easy, the hardest part is finding the screen lol.
-Mad_cow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users