#1 Mario

Mario

Verto Venatus Deus!

• Moderators
  • 913 posts

• United States

Posted 04 December 2007 - 02:43 AM

Site Link Here

In the old days, you didn't come back to a game again and again for anything as fancy as online multiplayer or user-created content. No, you came back because the games were freaking impossible. That was the only way game designers of the Nintendo Entertainment System and SNES days could extend the play time: through mindless, frustrating repetition.

These are the 10 games so infuriating, their very mention makes the hairs stand up on the back of our necks.

I figure'd this was an obligation to post to my fellow retro gamers. The list is pretty accurate as far as games go.. i'd pretty much have to give it a 9/10 for accuracy, 9/10 for choice (try out some of the NES rpg's that were almost impossible without the case & instruction booklets...) and, perhaps a 10/10 for descriptions..

its a good read! read it now!!!

Edited by Mario, 04 December 2007 - 02:44 AM.

I'm Back!

Certifications: MCSA, MCSE & A+
General Information Technology & Support.
Ex-Owner & Operator of Hackers(dot)Com
Owner & Operator of Ace Technologies & Securities Inc. (currently spending a year dead for tax purposes)
Proficient with Multiple Forum Communities in providing layman Tech Support & Solution Solving.

Next Scheduled Attending Event: SpoCon Spokane, WA

#2 usr.c

usr.c

Boss, my code's compiling (xkcd)

• Admins
  • 10,440 posts
  • Interests:Software
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:30 PM

Thanks for the link!

Contra also forced you to share your pool of spare lives with the other player, so you were forced to pay for his retarded mistakes (something we're sure ruined many childhood friendships).

This would be funny except that it was me who made those retarded mistakes most of the time. I got things thrown at me every so often. original.gif

Things that I don't suck at: Photography (flickr, JPG Mag), Skydiving, Splitting atoms, Flying a space shuttle
"Don't bail; the best gold is at the bottom of barrels of crap!" -Randy Pausch
I have people-skills goddamnit! What is wrong with you people!!! | www.skyrill.com

#3 Storm_Dragon

Storm_Dragon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• United States

Posted 18 December 2007 - 09:37 PM

That was awesome thanks for the link. Id have a few to add to that list like
Castlevania
Ikari Warriors (unless you knew the continue code)
Hydlide (grrrrrr)
Blaster Master (super fun yet super tough)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users