5 replies to this topic

#1 Mario

Mario

Verto Venatus Deus!

• Moderators
  • 913 posts

• United States

Posted 14 October 2007 - 10:26 PM

The largest combined independent development studio in the world is independent no more. The acclaimed studios will now be subsumed by Electronic Arts and entered into the EA Games fold. This move complements EA's recent strategy emphasizing quality content based upon original IPs. [Update: Mass Effect headed to PS3? Microsoft responds...]

In a surprise move, Electronic Arts announced today that it would be acquiring both BioWare Corp. and Pandemic Studios. This deal was reached with Elevation Partners to buy out VG Holding Corp., which owns both development studios. EA will pay up to $620 million in cash and will issue up to an additional $155 million in equity to certain VG Holding employees, while also assuming all outstanding VG Holding stock options and lending VG Holding up to $35 million through the closing of the acquisition.

Source is Here
I'm Back!

Certifications: MCSA, MCSE & A+
General Information Technology & Support.
Ex-Owner & Operator of Hackers(dot)Com
Owner & Operator of Ace Technologies & Securities Inc. (currently spending a year dead for tax purposes)
Proficient with Multiple Forum Communities in providing layman Tech Support & Solution Solving.

Next Scheduled Attending Event: SpoCon Spokane, WA

#2 Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Elite II Member

• ++Member
  • 466 posts

• Australia

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:43 PM

Wow. There's a Pandemic studio bout an hour from me. I have been hitting them up for jobs of late. Maybe now they can afford me. LMAO. biggrin.gif

#3 MaD_cOw

MaD_cOw

No way... It compiles? SHIP IT!

• Moderators
  • 609 posts
  • Interests:Drumming,<br />Music,<br />Mountain Biking,<br />Modding,<br />Vintage Hardware,

• Canada

Posted 17 October 2007 - 02:56 AM

I hope it turns out the same way EA handled buying up Westwood,

-Mad_cow

#4 Tyreal

Tyreal

• Moderators
  • 134 posts

• Canada

Posted 18 October 2007 - 04:56 PM

Ea is probably going to kick Microsoft in the junk for releasing games exclusive to windows vista. (at least i hope so) because thats what the evil microsoft is doing to force active pc gamers to buy their new OS, or to be left in that dark.

#5 Renzoblade

Renzoblade

Heavenly Sword

• ++Member
  • 757 posts

• Australia

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:13 AM

EA and Microsoft been hating each other for years, this news ain't nothing new.

#6 timadamer

timadamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

• Austria

Posted 17 January 2010 - 06:13 AM

QUOTE(Tyreal @ Oct 18 2007, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ea is probably going to kick Microsoft in the junk for releasing games exclusive to windows vista. (at least i hope so) because thats what the evil microsoft is doing to force active pc gamers to buy their new OS, or to be left in that dark.

But still Microsoft is the winner in most respect, right? Some Ea games are amazing, but in overall position, Microsoft kicks EA's games big time!

-----------------
Calorie Shifting Diet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users