#1 Renzoblade

Renzoblade

Heavenly Sword

• ++Member
  • 757 posts

• Australia

Posted 19 September 2007 - 09:53 PM

Hi

I was cleaning my pc because there was so much dust, then i added another ram in the free slot, stupid thing took ages, how hard is it just to put ram lmfao,my ram slots are covered with all the hard wires i couldent even see what i was doing.

Anyway.

Instaled the ram, then i turned my pc on,all of a suden it turned off o_o.

I first thought,maybe when i was cleaning for dust i touched something and killed it, then i thought the ram is just not in propely.

Before I turn it back on, i want to see what others think. I dont want to pop something lol

Edited by Renzoblade, 23 September 2007 - 06:20 AM.

#2 usr.c

usr.c

Boss, my code's compiling (xkcd)

• Admins
  • 10,440 posts
  • Interests:Software
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 19 September 2007 - 09:58 PM

Take out the ram stick you just inserted, turn your pc on and see what happens; that'll tell you if the stick is the culprit or if you accidentally knocked something out.

Things that I don't suck at: Photography (flickr, JPG Mag), Skydiving, Splitting atoms, Flying a space shuttle
"Don't bail; the best gold is at the bottom of barrels of crap!" -Randy Pausch
I have people-skills goddamnit! What is wrong with you people!!! | www.skyrill.com

#3 Renzoblade

Renzoblade

Heavenly Sword

• ++Member
  • 757 posts

• Australia

Posted 19 September 2007 - 10:00 PM

ok cool,thanks for the very quick response to. Ill do it right now.

EDIT

it turns on,but nothing comes up!!, also i noticed the cable connecting to the harddrive was pulled out,i think when i was tryna put the ram i knocked it, i put it back in but it still dont work. omgz lol

Edited by Renzoblade, 20 September 2007 - 12:23 AM.

#4 Renzoblade

Renzoblade

Heavenly Sword

• ++Member
  • 757 posts

• Australia

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:56 AM

i think its the hardrive online2long.gif , i just tryed again, the pc turns on, i got a green and red orange l.e.d, the orange one usually flashes when the hardrive is loading, when i turn the pc on, it flashes then bang,its off, theres no noise.

But then again,im just guessing

#5 MaD_cOw

MaD_cOw

No way... It compiles? SHIP IT!

• Moderators
  • 609 posts
  • Interests:Drumming,<br />Music,<br />Mountain Biking,<br />Modding,<br />Vintage Hardware,

• Canada

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:40 AM

Does the PC speaker Beep, if so in what kind of pattern?
-Mad_cow

#6 Renzoblade

Renzoblade

Heavenly Sword

• ++Member
  • 757 posts

• Australia

Posted 21 September 2007 - 06:38 AM

Um ill try again,coz i didnt put the speakers on.

The Screen just stays black and the pc just stays on, it was working before i put in the second ram,but since it was so hard to put in, i think i damaged something.

i think my next move is to remove the hardrive and fans,and put it into my new pc.

This leads to my next Question. ( if i cant fix the first problem )

All the ports inside my new pc are taken, is there a way to add/free plugs so i can put in 2 more fans and a hardrive?

#7 Scary

Scary

REEEOOOOWW

• Moderators
  • 1,938 posts
  • Interests:IT, Music, Gaming

• Australia

Posted 21 September 2007 - 07:49 AM

You said you were having trouble with putting the RAM in and incorrectly seated RAM is a common cause of a PC not booting/showing any dispay. Your internal speaker may not be plugged in which is why your not hearing anything. I would lay the PC down flat, remove both pieces of RAM and then seat them back in again, make sure both sides click and that there not loose. Are you sure the new piece of RAM is the correct type for the slot? Hope you can get it working again!!

#8 Renzoblade

Renzoblade

Heavenly Sword

• ++Member
  • 757 posts

• Australia

Posted 21 September 2007 - 11:30 AM

^ hey thanks,ill try that right now.

I bought a pc from a friend of mine, it had 1.5gb ram ( 1gb + 256mb ram X2), my old pc has 756mb ram ( 256+512), the pc i just bought has 3 slots, so i removed the 256mb ram from the pc and took out the 512mb and put the 512mb from my old pc into my new one, then put the 256mb ram from the new pc into my old one, after i did that all these problems happened. Im going to take both out then put them back in and see what happens.

#9 Renzoblade

Renzoblade

Heavenly Sword

• ++Member
  • 757 posts

• Australia

Posted 22 September 2007 - 06:18 AM

i removed both rams,put them back, the pc still dont work,i even tried leaving 1 ram in and removing the new one,still dont work, the motherboard led lights up,the fans work but nothing on screen.

EDIT:

Could it be my power supply thats had it?, even tho the pc starts up, could the power supply unit have died?, i have a spare one,would it be wise to remove my current one and put the new one in?

i just found this to!

http://www.fonerbooks.com/power.htm

Edited by Renzoblade, 23 September 2007 - 06:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users