#1 Kaiba

Kaiba

Football Know - It - All

• Members
  • Pip
  • 159 posts

• United Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:49 PM

GTA IV has had a major setback and it will not be released in October, instead it will be for February's or later date next year. This demoralizing news has gone deeper and now Analyst Michael Pachter has came out and said that "it [Rockstar] is struggling with development on the PlayStation 3". As a result Xbox 360 release date is also affected because Rockstar are in a agreement with Sony and Microsoft to have a simultaneous release on both consoles for this title.

Full story here: GTA IV Delayed

Edited by usr.c, 03 August 2007 - 07:33 PM.

//Xbox Live Gamertag: Micha3lCorleone//

#2 usr.c

usr.c

Boss, my code's compiling (xkcd)

• Admins
  • 10,440 posts
  • Interests:Software
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:30 PM

Great, thanks! Moving it to news.

Things that I don't suck at: Photography (flickr, JPG Mag), Skydiving, Splitting atoms, Flying a space shuttle
"Don't bail; the best gold is at the bottom of barrels of crap!" -Randy Pausch
I have people-skills goddamnit! What is wrong with you people!!! | www.skyrill.com

#3 everythingsbs

everythingsbs

MaD_cOw has nothing on me at MODing!

• Moderators
  • 916 posts

• United States

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:44 PM

Rather sad, but they do say the reason for the push back was to scale up the graphics.

The reason for the delay is simple: Rockstar North needs more time to polish it. Given the game's exceptionally high expectations, Rockstar has chosen to push back the release a handful of months rather than rushing the title out to market.

Sam Houser, founder and executive producer of Rockstar Games, had this to say: "The new consoles are allowing us to create the Grand Theft Auto game we always dreamed about. Every aspect of the game and its design has been completely transformed. The game is huge and is pushing the hardware platforms to their absolute limits. The top engineers from Sony and Microsoft are working closely with the team in Edinburgh right now, helping us to fully leverage the power of both platforms. As always, our goal is to surpass even the wildest expectations of the game's fans, and to create the ultimate high definition video game experience."

From IGN
QUOTE("Richard Hammond - Top Gear")
We're gonna to die now, that's it."

#4 usr.c

usr.c

Boss, my code's compiling (xkcd)

• Admins
  • 10,440 posts
  • Interests:Software
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 03 August 2007 - 09:03 PM

Aah..so which one is it now?

http://www.ukrebelli...lay-gta-iv.html

Things that I don't suck at: Photography (flickr, JPG Mag), Skydiving, Splitting atoms, Flying a space shuttle
"Don't bail; the best gold is at the bottom of barrels of crap!" -Randy Pausch
I have people-skills goddamnit! What is wrong with you people!!! | www.skyrill.com

#5 Kaiba

Kaiba

Football Know - It - All

• Members
  • Pip
  • 159 posts

• United Kingdom

Posted 04 August 2007 - 07:52 PM

so its both the systems fault im confused...who to believe wtf.jpg

//Xbox Live Gamertag: Micha3lCorleone//

#6 Renzoblade

Renzoblade

Heavenly Sword

• ++Member
  • 757 posts

• Australia

Posted 17 August 2007 - 04:40 AM

ps3 development is barely a year old, ofcource they will struggle at first to get the games up to ps3 standards, in this case the ps3 should be the superior version

#7 glitch

glitch

Elite III Member

• ++Member
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy stuff, not the magazine, as well as various activities including the art of "dossing" "lazing" and general "assing".

• United Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2007 - 07:45 PM

PS3 won't have exclusive downloadable content. tounge.gif

I believe their policy is to release both games at the same time. So if one gets delayed, they both do.

Edited by glitch, 17 August 2007 - 07:45 PM.

-

#8 Renzoblade

Renzoblade

Heavenly Sword

• ++Member
  • 757 posts

• Australia

Posted 18 August 2007 - 07:09 AM

really?, damn didnt know that, oh well, xbox360 is going to be at the wiis price soon in Australia, could be a good idea to get a xbox360 so i can have both ps3 and xbox360. I might even buy the wii in time, but so far, theres no games i like, no way im buying a console thats $400 with techology that was posible back in 2002, rip off. The point of next gen is that, next gen, wii is last gen.

every wii fans quote into one = Wii is the best... it has that remote... OMGFLZ!!!!111

its like releasing a G force 2 video card in a new shiney blue box, pathetic.

Edited by Renzoblade, 18 August 2007 - 07:14 AM.

#9 timadamer

timadamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

• Austria

Posted 17 January 2010 - 06:21 AM

I am glad it did release. What a game it was. Even the San Andras did not have such impact on me as vice city did.

-------------
Fat Loss 4 Idiots

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users