Photo
- - - - -

Can't create category (Windows Server 2003)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Cybercom

Cybercom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

• Singapore

Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:59 AM

HI all,

Need help from all the senior here. I manage to setup the zenith gallery, but when i try to create the category then encounter following error

"Unknown column 'cname_for_url' in 'field list'". Please help me on this. Thank

#2 usr.c

usr.c

Boss, my code's compiling (xkcd)

• Admins
  • 10,440 posts
  • Interests:Software
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:12 AM

Hi, Did you upgrade your gallery from an older version? If so, running upgrade_tools/upgrader9.php from your browser should do the trick.

Let me know what happens.

Things that I don't suck at: Photography (flickr, JPG Mag), Skydiving, Splitting atoms, Flying a space shuttle
"Don't bail; the best gold is at the bottom of barrels of crap!" -Randy Pausch
I have people-skills goddamnit! What is wrong with you people!!! | www.skyrill.com

#3 Cybercom

Cybercom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

• Singapore

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE(usr.c @ Jul 12 2007, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, Did you upgrade your gallery from an older version? If so, running upgrade_tools/upgrader9.php from your browser should do the trick.

Let me know what happens.

I'm installed it fresh. At first i encounter the login problem like some friends here. after manage to login with access to Admin CP and try to create category then the error appear. Other thing i notice, i don't have any parent category, it's normal?

#4 usr.c

usr.c

• Admins
  • 10,440 posts
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:37 AM

Could you please PM me your gallery's URL and a temp admin username/password so I can take a look atyour settings? In the meantime, make sure you have a directory called uploads and its permissions are set to 777.

Things that I don't suck at: Photography (flickr, JPG Mag), Skydiving, Splitting atoms, Flying a space shuttle
I have people-skills goddamnit! What is wrong with you people!!! | www.skyrill.com

#5 Cybercom

Cybercom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

• Singapore

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE(usr.c @ Jul 12 2007, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could you please PM me your gallery's URL and a temp admin username/password so I can take a look atyour settings? In the meantime, make sure you have a directory called uploads and its permissions are set to 777.

Bad news, after i run the upgrader9.php and now i encounter "PHP has encountered a Stack overflow" the login page

Attached Thumbnails

• stackerror.GIF

#6 Cybercom

Cybercom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

• Singapore

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:53 AM

Fyi, it running on windows 2003 server. As for "uploads" folder had been set to everyone full permission. I use this application for intranet picture library so not able to let you access to it

Edited by Cybercom, 12 July 2007 - 06:55 AM.

#7 Cybercom

Cybercom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

• Singapore

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:11 AM

now the add/remove category screen without any submit icon(buttons)

Attached Thumbnails

• addcategory.JPG

#8 usr.c

usr.c

• Admins
  • 10,440 posts
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:12 AM

Ok, not to worry, let's see if we can get to the bottom of this.

I'm guessing the recursive function that generates your tree of categories is the culprit since the script dies with that error just before the dropdown box is displayed, or anywhere else that it's called.

1. I found a link that suggests that it might be a MySQL permissions issue, so take a look at it and see if it applies to you: http://forums.cacti....about11278.html

2. Assuming your setup is all fine, then please do the following

2a) Take a look at your categories MySQL table and make sure there's a column called "cname_for_url"
2b) Browse your categories MySQL table, take a screenshot of the entries currently there (or just copy the text, making sure you include the values of all the fields) and attach it to your reply
2c) Let me know what directories you have, if any, under uploads

#9 Cybercom

Cybercom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

• Singapore

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:29 AM

My other applications in the same box is using Mysql without problem. I need to ensure this patches wouldn't cause any impact to others. By the way, I found no directory under "uploads" folders and only 2 files (index.htm and .htaccess). Thank for the help

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.JPG
  • 2.JPG

Edited by Cybercom, 12 July 2007 - 07:30 AM.

#10 usr.c

usr.c

• Admins
  • 10,440 posts
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:48 AM

Try this and if it doesn't help, give me until tonight (I'm currently at work) to try and reproduce the error on WinXP since that's the only Windows platform I have.

1. Delete everything in your uploads directory
2. Create a new directory under uploads with the same name as the category you have in your table (Defect). Set its permissions as before and make sure v0.9.4+ paths is disabled in Setup & Configuration.

By the way, are you sure your paths are correct? I noticed it's set to \\...\zenith\gallery\...\

If anything else happens in the meantime just update this thread.

#11 Cybercom

Cybercom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

• Singapore

Posted 12 July 2007 - 08:19 AM

I'd reinstalled the application, now everything look like working well. But i try to create category and under "uploads" directory, i don't find any folder created, it's normal?

beside that, i try to upload the testing images with error "The file could not be moved. Make sure you chmoded the required directories to 777." all my folders had been set to everyone-full control. I ever share out the folder "Uploads". any hint for me to fix it

#12 usr.c

usr.c

• Admins
  • 10,440 posts
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 12 July 2007 - 08:25 AM

Nope that's not normal. Everytime you create, remove or edit a category, the category's corresponding directory should get updated too. I think you'll find that if you manually create the directories you'll be able to add pictures just fine. Check out the FAQ thread too for some common solutions to that error message.

Let me know how things go. I'll do some investigation from my end too.

#13 Cybercom

Cybercom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

• Singapore

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:11 AM

at last, i solve the problem by replacing following syntax and now it work
upload directory path to "file://///xx.xx.xx.xx/" (xx is my server ip address)
upload directory server path to "uploads/"

Thank usr.c for all the help and advice

Edited by Cybercom, 12 July 2007 - 10:07 AM.

#14 usr.c

usr.c

• Admins
  • 10,440 posts
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:32 AM

Great, I added that solution to the FAQ! Feel free to open a new thread if you have any other questions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users