- - - - -

Zenith Picture Gallery v0.9.4 DEV released!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 usr.c

Boss, my code's compiling (xkcd)

• Admins
  • 10,440 posts
  • Interests:Software
    RC cars

• Nothing Selected

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:32 PM

With only a few hours to spare, the release thankfully managed to get itself out on time. Recall the announcement last month that stated that the procrastinating had to stop once and for all and v0.9.4 DEV would be released within 30 days or the entire site would be brought down! I think this is a very nice release that has lots of new features, looks and works better than ever and integrates all the great mods that Hawk wrote for v0.9.2 DEV.

Because there was a deadline to meet, a few things were left out such as the ajaxificationifyingTM of the entire gallery; currently only the search page was updated. Hopefully, v0.9.6 DEV won't take as long to see the light of day and so the things that didn't make it into this release will be moved to that one.

Here are some of the new features in v0.9.4 DEV:

* Better search. Users are able to do multiple searches with all their criteria preserved since search.php no longer needs to refresh itself after each operation. The "look for any words" mod has been integrated into the release to make the partial search option more accurate than it was.

* Category aliases. The admin can now flick a switch and have all the paths change so that they store numeric ids in place of category names, which was a bit of a nuisance for some people.

* Better handling of pending pictures. The admin may now specify a suffix that is automatically appended to pending pictures to prevent users from accessing them until they've been approved.

* Better handling of bots. CAPTCHA support in the registration page and picture details pages reduces bot-generated activities.

* Other features include the ability to order categories, hide individual pictures, specify whether you want fixed or variable-sized thumbnails and also the option to allow your users to switch between all your installed languages.

Note that this is a pre-release version. Please post any problems you come across in the Zenith Picture Gallery support forum for immediate assistance.

For the changelog and download instructions, see http://cyberiapc.com...w...3&pid=45092
To learn more about the gallery, see http://cyberiapc.com...?showtopic=8286

Hope you enjoy all the new features. It's great fun working on ZPG!

Things that I don't suck at: Photography (flickr, JPG Mag), Skydiving, Splitting atoms, Flying a space shuttle
"Don't bail; the best gold is at the bottom of barrels of crap!" -Randy Pausch
I have people-skills goddamnit! What is wrong with you people!!! | www.skyrill.com

#2 Guest_coincidaNaddy_*

• Guests

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:30 AM

damn you spaminator...all your base are belong to us

Edited by usr.c, 07 October 2008 - 08:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users