#1 Solid Snake

Solid Snake

snake eater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

• United Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2005 - 07:36 PM

Another year another update for fifa football (or soccer). Last year Fifa showed their ground breaking off the ball control, which allowed players without the ball to make runs and lose thier markers. This year fifa introduced the first touch system which in plain english makes fool out of other player as you preform skills.

Gameplay: Is fluent which lets you preform great skills and make runs to increase your chances of scoring. 9/10

Lifespan: Career mode lets you start a 15 year quest to make your self the best manager with the best team. Another feature is that player do retire so you have to look out for great young talent. 10/10

Graphics: Graphics could be a bit better but overall they are not offensively bad. 7/10

there are more than 350 official licenses, including 18 leagues, 40 national teams, and 11,000 players. So you can expect all the big teams to be there: Chelsea Mancheter United, AC Milan and so on.

Overall a improvement form the last title but the question is, is it better than Pro Evolution Soccer 4/winning 11? Well no although it has improved it isn't quite there yet. But can the next edition of fifa on xbox 360 and PS3 change that we will just have to wait and see.

Sources: EA sports and IGN

Here are some screenshots
Note these are from the Xbox version PC and PS2 may differ

#2 usr.c

usr.c

Boss, my code's compiling (xkcd)

• Admins
  • 10,440 posts
  • Interests:Software
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:46 PM

EA only started really improving Fifa starting with 2002 and their latest two are really great. Previous ones (all the way back to 97) were a joke. In any case, I don't think they'll ever be able to beat Winning Eleven (Pro Evo.) in gameplay.

Things that I don't suck at: Photography (flickr, JPG Mag), Skydiving, Splitting atoms, Flying a space shuttle
"Don't bail; the best gold is at the bottom of barrels of crap!" -Randy Pausch
I have people-skills goddamnit! What is wrong with you people!!! | www.skyrill.com

#3 glitch

glitch

Elite III Member

• ++Member
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy stuff, not the magazine, as well as various activities including the art of "dossing" "lazing" and general "assing".

• United Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2005 - 09:36 PM

I have FIFA 2002 (yes, i know its terrible!) and after playing pro evo 4 I really think EA have to go back to the drawing board and make a game which is just pure fun to play rather than adding so many more modes and lisences if they stand a chance of competing against Konami's hit.

-

#4 Paladin

Paladin

ruler of the world

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, soccer, computer, xbox, ps2, especially ps1:) c&c...commander keen, wolf 3d, nhl 2005....stupid lockout!!!!!

• Canada

Posted 11 June 2005 - 01:04 AM

lol.....2001 is a joke.......there's about 4 different ways that u can score that no one can stop you no matter what.....
user posted image
^Click the Penguin!!!

#5 Solid Snake

Solid Snake

snake eater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

• United Kingdom

Posted 13 June 2005 - 07:22 PM

I quite like 2001 it was a laugh and when you see fifa 04 and 05 you can tell fifa are making an effort to catch up with Pro Evo

#6 MaD_cOw

MaD_cOw

No way... It compiles? SHIP IT!

• Moderators
  • 609 posts
  • Interests:Drumming,<br />Music,<br />Mountain Biking,<br />Modding,<br />Vintage Hardware,

• Canada

Posted 04 September 2007 - 12:00 PM

Pretty good overall game, but not a fan of soccer games in general.
-Mad_cow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users