• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JanetC

JanetC

Inmate

• ++Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:27 PM

I've just downloaded Firefox, and (so far) the only problem I can't find a solution for is this:

When I am browsing a website, I open a link or chart within it.

When I close down this link or chart, the whole website closes and I am reverted back to the desktop.

Does anyone know how can I minimise these links and stay on the website without being booted off the whole thing?

#2 JanetC

JanetC

Inmate

• ++Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:35 PM

Panic over - I've found the solution !

#3 bobhome

bobhome

The old timer

• ++Member
  • 2,740 posts
  • Interests:0

• United Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE(JanetC @ Jun 11 2010, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Panic over - I've found the solution !

Hi Janet,
deleted my reply solution

Edited by bobhome, 11 June 2010 - 12:25 AM.

REGARDS
bobname.gif

#4 JanetC

JanetC

Inmate

• ++Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE(bobhome @ Jun 11 2010, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Janet,
deleted my reply solution

I never even saw it, Bob ! (sorry).

I have another couple of questions that I can't find the answer to in the Firefox Help Section.

When I've typed the body of an email, and then try and select the whole thing to alter the size of the font, in Internet Explorer, I always used to be able to hold down the shift & Ctrl keys along with the downward arrow.

In Firefox, I hold down the Shift & Ctrl, but I have to use the right arrow to select line by line until I reach the end. (This doesn't just happen in emails - it's just happened on here, too!).

My second question is, when I send someone a URL in an email, it doesn't highlight it, so the recipient has to copy and paste it rather than just clicking on it. Do you know if there is a solution to this as well?

#5 bobhome

bobhome

The old timer

• ++Member
  • 2,740 posts

• United Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE(JanetC @ Jun 20 2010, 02:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I never even saw it, Bob ! (sorry).

I have another couple of questions that I can't find the answer to in the Firefox Help Section.

When I've typed the body of an email, and then try and select the whole thing to alter the size of the font, in Internet Explorer, I always used to be able to hold down the shift & Ctrl keys along with the downward arrow.

In Firefox, I hold down the Shift & Ctrl, but I have to use the right arrow to select line by line until I reach the end. (This doesn't just happen in emails - it's just happened on here, too!).

My second question is, when I send someone a URL in an email, it doesn't highlight it, so the recipient has to copy and paste it rather than just clicking on it. Do you know if there is a solution to this as well?

Hi Janet,
Your method of highlighting works for me, If you Hold the arrow down it scrolls quickly all the text. I never use that though, all I do is to go to start of text hold left mouse button down and drag to end of text then select size.
when I paste a url in it is not highlighted / underlined, until I hit the enter key

Edited by bobhome, 20 June 2010 - 04:47 PM.

REGARDS
bobname.gif

#6 JanetC

JanetC

Inmate

• ++Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:17 PM

Thanks, Bob. Your method of highlighting works for me too, but I'm just confused as to why I can't do it the way I've always been used to when I used Internet Explorer 8, (i.e., holding down the Shift & Ctrl keys along with the downward arrow).

The URL doesn't highlight for me, even after hitting Enter.

Frustrating! pinch.gif

#7 JanetC

JanetC

Inmate

• ++Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE(JanetC @ Jun 20 2010, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks, Bob. Your method of highlighting works for me too, but I'm just confused as to why I can't do it the way I've always been used to when I used Internet Explorer 8, (i.e., holding down the Shift & Ctrl keys along with the downward arrow).

The URL doesn't highlight for me, even after hitting Enter.

Frustrating! pinch.gif

#8 JanetC

JanetC

Inmate

• ++Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:58 PM

I've found out I can add a URL by clicking first on "instert hyperlink", and I can alter the font size of the whole body of my email by changing it BEFORE I begin typing!

#9 bobhome

bobhome

The old timer

• ++Member
  • 2,740 posts

• United Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2010 - 03:30 AM

QUOTE(JanetC @ Jun 21 2010, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've found out I can add a URL by clicking first on "instert hyperlink", and I can alter the font size of the whole body of my email by changing it BEFORE I begin typing!

Sorry Janet,
I could have suggested both those things to you, I thought they were what you were having trouble with and you were looking for an alternative. never mind, if you have any more probs just let us know.

REGARDS
bobname.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users