• 10,440 posts
  • Interests:Software
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 18 September 2007 - 05:55 PM

Comcast has publicly announced its maximum monthly usage limits in slightly ambiguous units: 30,000 songs, 250,000 pictures or 13 million emails per month, which is almost certainly to leave them room to move that limit around as they please such as in different geographic areas and at different times of the month. Personally, not a big fan of advertising limits like that; it reminds me of CI HOST, which was our webhost back in 2000. They had a plan with unlimited bandwidth that, as it turned out, actually meant 20GB. You weren't told of this ahead of, but rather at the end of the month when they'd ask you to pay up.

Read the article and reader comments here (slashdot)

Things that I don't suck at: Photography (flickr, JPG Mag), Skydiving, Splitting atoms, Flying a space shuttle
"Don't bail; the best gold is at the bottom of barrels of crap!" -Randy Pausch
I have people-skills goddamnit! What is wrong with you people!!! | www.skyrill.com

#2 bradhoggs

bradhoggs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Nothing Selected

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:10 AM

Thatís a great point to bring up. There are certainly a lot of details like that to take into consideration. I offer the thoughts above as general inspiration but clearly there are questions like the one you bring up where the most important thing will be working in honest good faith. I donít know if best practices have emerged around things like that, but I am sure that your job is clearly identified as a fair game if you are commenting as an individual.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users