2 replies to this topic

#1 bobhome

The old timer

• ++Member
  • 2,740 posts
  • Interests:0

• United Kingdom

Posted 12 July 2003 - 09:06 AM

Are you getting annoyed with Windows Messenger keep popping up, well here is en easy tool to turn it off
Shoot The Messenger
It allows you to turn it on or off at will

What is the Messenger Service?

Starting back with Windows NT, and carried forward into all subsequent operating systems, Microsoft included a simple way for users on a network to send each other short "pop-up" messages. Network administrators might have used it to notify everyone of system-wide events. It was a nice idea, though in its original form it never caught on widely. There is a standard command line program "Net Send", that can be used to generate these messages, and there's also a GUI (Graphical User Interface) application to do the same.

If you're curious to see the graphical interface: On Windows 2000 or XP, right-click on "My Computer"/"Manage". Then under "System Tools" right-click on "Shared Folders". Choose "All Tasks" and finally "Send Console Message..."

You probably didn't know any of that was there, and neither do most people. It's a never-used feature that has been replaced by the various well known, popular, and feature-rich instant messaging systems. But, like a great many other "legacy" features of Windows, since it was once included, it survives in case anyone who once used it might still need it.

Edited by bobhome, 12 July 2003 - 09:41 AM.

#2 usr.c

Boss, my code's compiling (xkcd)

• Admins
  • 10,440 posts
  • Interests:Software
    RC cars

• Nothing Selected

Posted 12 July 2003 - 10:20 AM

Things that I don't suck at: Photography (flickr, JPG Mag), Skydiving, Splitting atoms, Flying a space shuttle
"Don't bail; the best gold is at the bottom of barrels of crap!" -Randy Pausch
I have people-skills goddamnit! What is wrong with you people!!! | www.skyrill.com

#3 Guest_Tina_*

• Guests

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:51 AM

Simple, fast, easy and usefull, great job But I'd like to ask you for the code, I can't see it very well and I dont usnnrdtaed the way you work with the methods in Obj-C:object.method(parameters) = [object method parameters] ermm.gifI'm new in programming for Mac so I'm learning the basics before read the help build-in with xcodeAnd one more thing xDWill you upload more videos about this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users