#1 StrykerZ

StrykerZ

Killer Bunnies Inc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

• Nothing Selected

Posted 02 November 2004 - 02:25 PM

Fable is a revolutionary new RPG that seems to be a cross between KOTOR/Grand Theft Auto/Any of the 3 LOTR games. You are constantly given the choice to be good or evil. If you're good, people will cheer at you, people will like you more, and you'll grow blonde hair and junk (boo....). If you are evil (YAY!) you grow horns, get devil eyes, leave a blood trail where ever you walk, people run away from you, etc. This is cool and adds a lot! Who doesnt like getting reactions from the helpless villagers! Now for the GTA part. You can do about anythign you want. You can kill random people (if you have a weapon), bribe the guards, get married (There is a long process up to this.), beat people senseless, buy houses or shops (needed for marriage) and such. And LOTR....well it's just the Middle Ages part. Well, you start out as a boy and have to do some good deeds and get your sis a gift. Well, your village is attacked by bandits and you are the sole survivor (sort of. NO SPOILERS HERE). A mysterious man rescues you and brings you to the Hereos' Guild, where people train to be bad*** warriors. You do your training and you are on your way to do whatever you want. Well until you have to advance in the storyline. Now, there is a lot of walking in this game. A lot. The first major quest has you running through about 60 areas, protecting helpless traders! Luckily, this reveals many Cullis Gates. Now to explain these Cullis Gates. This is Fable's "Beam me up, Scotty!"....teleporters. This helps SO much. I love it. The gameplay is your average hack and slash, but very fun! Which hack and slash isnt? Now for something hidden in the depths of Fable. Love. Yes, love. You, your special little Hero of coolness can get married. Both genders too. But you msut first make them fall in love with you, which requires flirting, gifts, and lots of Renown (famousness). Then you get her to fall in love. Now you must propose to her/him with a wedding ring (lots o dough) and then she/he demands a house. Go buy her/him a house. They start from 1,500 coins to about.....50,000. *scream* Then you marry them. To keep them in love, you must continue to flirt and give them gifts. In return, they will give you gifts! I got plate legging in my first (and last. *evil face*) marriage. You can do something else with your spouse that I will NOT mention and I didnt do. It's M rated, so you know. Another plus is, there are divorces! If your spouse is not satisfied, they will ask for a divorce. You can also beat them, but either way. You get lots of evil points for getting a divorce....even though I dont know why. ANd thats about it. In conclusion...FABLE ROCKS! BUY!

#2 biohazard

biohazard

Elite IV Member

• ++Member
  • 647 posts

• Canada

Posted 02 November 2004 - 08:41 PM

this sounds sweet!!!!!!!1111111111!!!!!!!!11!!11!!!! but is it out for ps2?
user posted image

#3 usr.c

usr.c

Boss, my code's compiling (xkcd)

• Admins
  • 10,440 posts
  • Interests:Software
    Soccer
    Photography
    RC cars
    Electronics

• Nothing Selected

Posted 02 November 2004 - 09:11 PM

I've been keeping a close eye on reviews and user opinions. I like everything about the game so far, but have yet to play it.

Things that I don't suck at: Photography (flickr, JPG Mag), Skydiving, Splitting atoms, Flying a space shuttle
"Don't bail; the best gold is at the bottom of barrels of crap!" -Randy Pausch
I have people-skills goddamnit! What is wrong with you people!!! | www.skyrill.com

#4 StrykerZ

StrykerZ

Killer Bunnies Inc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

• Nothing Selected

Posted 02 November 2004 - 10:24 PM

It's made by Lionhead Studios, which is pretty legendary for great games. I've seen 9's and 10's everywhere. Plus, everyone has British accents, which is great.

#5 Scary

Scary

REEEOOOOWW

• Moderators
  • 1,938 posts
  • Interests:IT, Music, Gaming

• Australia

Posted 03 November 2004 - 01:58 AM

Plus, everyone has British accents, which is great.

Your joking right ? :pinch: :blink:

Nice Review :thumbsup:

#6 StrykerZ

StrykerZ

Killer Bunnies Inc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

• Nothing Selected

Posted 03 November 2004 - 02:23 AM

XD No, they all have British accents. It's funny sometimes.

#7 glitch

glitch

Elite III Member

• ++Member
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy stuff, not the magazine, as well as various activities including the art of "dossing" "lazing" and general "assing".

• United Kingdom

Posted 05 November 2004 - 08:44 PM

I've heard that the world u travel across is pretty linear, but other than that it's pretty damn cool!

-

#8 BlueTearDrop

BlueTearDrop

一番 生物工学

• Members
  • Pip
  • 182 posts
  • Interests:Piano<br />Snowboarding<br />Reading<br />Dancing<br />Drawing<br />Music<br />Volleyball<br />Genetics, BioInformatics, Japanese

• United States

Posted 07 November 2004 - 01:07 AM

yeah that game looks totally awesome.....im so gonna get it...and hope my bro doesnt end up stealing it like he did with gta: san andreas :angry:
One day at a time...

#9 Never That

Never That

Legendary

• ++Member
  • 601 posts

• United States

Posted 14 December 2004 - 12:01 AM

Yea looks like a great game. cant wait to get it. i can now be evil.
There is no God, no universe, no human race, no earthly life, no heaven,
no hell. It is all a dream, a grotesque and foolish dream. Nothing exists
but you. And you are but a thought a vagrant thought, a useless thought,
a homeless thought,wandering forlorn among the empty eternities!

Mark Twain

#10 Renzoblade

Renzoblade

Heavenly Sword

• ++Member
  • 757 posts

• Australia

Posted 14 December 2004 - 08:30 AM

fable was in development far to long and was over hyped by microsoft and looked to take on Sonys Dark Chronicle and Nintendos Zelda :TWW..so far doesnt look to good?..well fable was very underated by the gaming public..but is it any good?..YEP! :D lol If length is a concern, then you may be turned off by Fable. While KOTOR and your typical Final Fantasy game take 40 hours or more, Fable's main story can be beat in less than 20 hours. But remember the idea of layers. If you want to beat the game quickly you can. However, I recommend that you spend about 40 hours the first time through. After each quest, talk to NPCs, wander around. Don't use the shortcut teleportation methods. You'll be surprised at some of the time-based stuff you will find. Plus, Albion is a stunning world to explore. It's a dense and aged land that has more history than most RPG kingdoms. It's worth taking your time and enjoying. Occasional framerate drops and repetitive NPC skins hurt...but the overall visuals are top notch..well they did build the engine from the ground up so :D ill give it 8 outta 10 :thumbsup: best rpg on the xbox but the the best rpg going around. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users